Talk

Advanced search

Brangelina twins were from IVF????

(152 Posts)
WendyWeber Thu 24-Jul-08 23:33:26

Not the most reliable of sources mind you

chipmonkey Fri 25-Jul-08 00:04:55

A lot of slebs are having boy-girl twins, these days!

TheCrackFox Fri 25-Jul-08 16:58:20

Well obviously the report could be a pile of crap. However, I particularly like the quote "she wouldn’t have to deal with the stress of trying to get pregnant,”. The stress of getting preggers with Brad Pitt? Blimey!

bogie Fri 25-Jul-08 17:00:46

I heard this when she first got pregnant and wonendered if it was ture but i'm not really bothered either way

muggglewump Fri 25-Jul-08 17:01:58

Gosh, I wish my stress revolved around shagging Brad Pitt!

electricluluarella Fri 25-Jul-08 17:03:11

IVF is hardly stress free. don;t you have to pump yourself full of hormones and all sorts of tests and scans...

well, they hve the money and resources

i'd rather take my chances with brad too!

fishie Fri 25-Jul-08 17:04:37

apparently it is very common for a lot of celebs to use ivf, so thin they don't menstruate.

Bluebutterfly Fri 25-Jul-08 17:08:38

Yeah, but sex for procreation (I imagine even with Brad Pitt, although I can't be sure grin) can be very stressful and a whole lot less fun when it doesn't seem to be happening. I am the same age as AJ and have been ttc number 2 for a year and a half. Whilst not BP, I generally enjoy sex with my partner, but the stress of wanting to get pg, timing it all right, checking out ovulation dates, testing cervical mucus does take the sexiness out of sex. If I could just GET PG, then in a year or so I could get back to enjoying sex for the sake of it. If I had their money, I may opt for IVF too.

muggglewump Fri 25-Jul-08 17:09:30

That's so sad Fishie.
I wonder what their relationships are like. I mean if they won't gain a bit of weight to have the children they want but are prepared to go through IVF and everything it entails it makes you wonder...

cocolepew Fri 25-Jul-08 17:10:13

Better from IVF than MFI.

Backgammon Fri 25-Jul-08 17:11:42

I can't believe that anybody would opt for IVF if they didn't have to. From what I've heard it's incredibly stressful, both emotionally and physically - far more stressful than waiting to conceive naturally.

Backgammon Fri 25-Jul-08 17:12:36

Sorry to hear of your troubles BB.

Bluebutterfly Fri 25-Jul-08 17:15:14

Well, I suppose it depends on how long it takes to conceive naturally. I am sure that IVF has its own sets of problems, but if it takes long enough to conceive naturally then you get sent off for tests (where we are at right now) and if there is a problem then you may need IVF anyway. In which case you get the stress of trying naturally AND THEN the stress of IVF.

needamiracle Fri 25-Jul-08 17:17:26

It makes me a bit mad to think that AJ (who already has many children) would go for IVF because ttc naturally seems to be like an inconvenience. From someone who has been through IVF twice (and now have a gorgeous DS), it is certainly not an easy option! Never liked her anyway as she stole Brad from Jennifer!!! Cow. wink

Backgammon Fri 25-Jul-08 17:17:28

Agree BB - what I meant was I can't see why anyone would have IVF if they didn't need to - e.g. just to prevent trying naturally for a year.

For all we know AJ and BP could have been trying ever since their first (can't remember how long that would be, 2 years?) or been diagnosed with 2ndary infertility. I can't think it's as the papers are making out that they did it for no reason other than impatience.

Bluebutterfly Fri 25-Jul-08 17:17:35

Thanks Bg - I am very lucky actually as I have a beautiful 3.5 year old ds! So having a larger family is something I want, but I have already been fortunate to experienced] motherhood so it could be alot worse!

itati Fri 25-Jul-08 17:18:57

I wondered if she had had help when I heard she was having twins as she seems to want to go one better each time she adds another hcild to her family. Not really anyone's business though. As long as the children are safe and well looked after their conception is irrelevant.

Backgammon Fri 25-Jul-08 17:19:08

Glad you are so positive BB, hope it happens for you soon.

muggglewump Fri 25-Jul-08 17:20:25

BB, I can't pretend to know what you're going through so I won't.
It was more what Fishie said about going through IVF so as not to put on weight that I find sad, whether this applies to Ange and Brad or not.
They conceived Shiloh fairly quickly and the twins too, whether natuarally or not so it seems bonkers to me to go through IVF.

I read an article a while back that talked about us wanting it all and wanting it now. I wonder if that includes children, especially if you have the money.

Gunnerbean Fri 25-Jul-08 18:29:01

Another set of designer babies then - just like J Lo's. Everything has to be perfect in their perfect lives and everything can be bought.

Mind you, it shouldn't comes as any great surprise to learn that multi gazillionaire celebs are used to pretty much buying whatever their heart's desire happens to be. For them everything has a price.

docket Fri 25-Jul-08 18:32:03

What an unpleasant article.

bergentulip Fri 25-Jul-08 18:33:40

They like names with the letter 'x' in them don't they? Knox, Pax, Maddox..... poor things.

Sorry, a bit off subject, but couldn't let that go unnoticed.

Does it matter if they were IVF babies- really? Are people really bothered?

tiggerlovestobounce Fri 25-Jul-08 18:34:12

When I first hear she was pregnant with twins I assumed it was IVF. When it was a boy/girl pair I assumed that had probably been planned too.

muggglewump Fri 25-Jul-08 18:37:14

It's not so much about being bothered, more wondering about how the other half live.
How can you buy children because it's what you want now, and I don't mean the adopted ones when I say that, I mean IVF if that's the case
It's baffling to me

bergentulip Fri 25-Jul-08 18:44:34

It's bizarre, granted, and yes, just seems to go along with the 'want want want' 'now now now' attitude of the late 20th, 21st century. If that is why they did it. Just for convenience.

Can't relate to it either, or imagine the thought process behind such a decision, to do IVF just cos it'll be quicker.
I believe Ang must know from prior experience that it takes a long time for her? (perhaps with other husbands? She has had a few!), otherwise it would be unbelievably pessimistic to just assume that it'll take too long to conceive naturally.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now