Talk

Advanced search

NZ judge orders name change for girl called 'Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii'

(15 Posts)
Tobermory Thu 24-Jul-08 10:38:11

story here

But the child named 'number 16 bus shelter' shock got to keep his/her name!

UnquietDad Thu 24-Jul-08 10:39:53

And Violence.

"Is your Violence playin' out tonight?"

Hecate Thu 24-Jul-08 10:44:41

How bizarre. hmm WHY would you do that to your child?

It is a totally selfish thing to do. Not to mention childish. No thought whatsoever given to the child.

Kewcumber Thu 24-Jul-08 10:47:23

thats just ridiculous

hearnoevil Thu 24-Jul-08 10:52:20

do thay do it just for a joke? to get a cheap laugh at parties?
or are some making a statement?
i mean i think they must just be devoid of personality

Cies Thu 24-Jul-08 10:53:56

Why why why? Another thread on this in baby names.

ninedragons Thu 24-Jul-08 11:19:33

That child should have been made a permanent ward of the court.

She felt utterly humiliated about her name and her parents wouldn't let her change it? There is no way that those parents give a flying fuck about that child's best interests.

TwoIfBySea Thu 24-Jul-08 13:48:29

Maybe Violence was supposed to be Violet but someone misheard?

My cousin is a NZer and his wife is due in December so I've sent him this hoping he takes the hint and choses wisely.

Although there is something about Talulah does the Hula which is quite fun. I Keenan Got Lucy an indication of how baby came about?

My ex's girlfriend had their baby (less than a year after he walked out on us thank you very much) and they have named it the equivalent of Albert Hall. Everyone immediately points that out when I tell them the name so pity the kid when he gets to school.

UnquietDad Thu 24-Jul-08 13:51:21

Couldn't Talula Does The Hula From Hawaii just call herself Talula? It would still be an unusual name, but not such an outrageously stupid one.

I hate those which are just initials. All those TJs and BJs and DJs. Thought it was an Amerrican phenomenon but it;s spreading over here now.

UnquietDad Thu 24-Jul-08 13:51:41

erk. I can spell American. Honest.

TheFallenMadonna Thu 24-Jul-08 13:51:56

I wonder why Violence was permitted but not Stallion.

And shock and sad at Fat Boy...

donnie Thu 24-Jul-08 16:20:00

those parents are utter wankers.

Nagapie Thu 24-Jul-08 16:31:07

Did anyone read the comments? I would be a bit concerned calling my child Ftango ...

melpomene Thu 24-Jul-08 20:13:47

Maybe Fat Boy's parents were Polynesian; Polynesians often have a 'big is beautiful' attitude and have a high level of obesity with little stigma about it (lots of Polynesians living in NZ).

I think 'Number 16 Bus Shelter' is the worst. All the others could at least be shortened to a semi-acceptable nickname. What could Number 16 Bus Shelter be shortened to? Maybe 'Shelley' if she is a girl hmm

Califrau Thu 24-Jul-08 20:16:39

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now