Talk

Advanced search

Are the McCanns really being cleared?

(120 Posts)
youngbutnotdumb Mon 21-Jul-08 13:12:01

Can't make up my mind what I think of this now I know it's old news but what are your thoughts on the whole Investigation?

Hope the link works have never done one that works before

read more here

expatinscotland Mon 21-Jul-08 13:19:30

Do you honestly think they had anything to do with her disappearance? Or Murat, for that matter?

Puhleeze.

They were foolish, but I can't imagine they were in any way involved in her disappearance.

hmm

Hulababy Mon 21-Jul-08 13:22:16

Well presumably if they are being cleared it is because the year plus long investigation and police work have found no evidence to suggest that they were in any way responsible.

Therefore, my thoughts - lets hope everyone leaves them be to deal with their private life in the future, but to support them in their search for thier missing little girl.

youngbutnotdumb Mon 21-Jul-08 13:23:27

I didn't say they were expat. No I don't think Murat had anything to do with it at all as far as I can remember he was a supect because 'he was too helpful' according to one of the news people he was helping.

I don't think the McCanns are directly responsible for little Madeleine's disappearance but I do blame them.

fryalot Mon 21-Jul-08 13:25:10

there is a long thread here

I suspect that anything that can and probably will be said on here will already have been said there.

Fwiw, I think the McCanns should be left in peace to try and put together what they can of their lives

youngbutnotdumb Mon 21-Jul-08 13:29:15

Yeah just thought I'd find out though about them being cleared am just bored really DS is at nursery and Housework is done no work 2night so thoujght bugger it LOL.

No is genuinely something I'm not totally 100% about I'm not sure why.

I think they should be left alone but I am surprised thatthey are being cleared with no charges at all surely neglect is warranted in this case? Maybe am wrong.

expatinscotland Mon 21-Jul-08 13:35:29

Well, they're not being cleared. The case is being closed.

youngbutnotdumb Mon 21-Jul-08 13:39:00

They are supposed to be getting cleared today (according to papers) because there is no eveidence against them, or anyone else for that matter. Has there been any talk of Murat being cleared I felt so sorry for him the other day when he spoke to BBC.

Fadge Mon 21-Jul-08 13:41:19

Message withdrawn

expatinscotland Mon 21-Jul-08 13:42:39

I have reported this to MNHQ, squonk, so that the comments will be shifted to the appropriate thread.

You are right, of course, squonk.

That thread has special permission to go to a longer limit of posts in order to avoid having more than one thread dedicated to this topic.

My apologies for responding on this one.

youngbutnotdumb Mon 21-Jul-08 13:43:26

I'm just going by the link I got. Pissed me off a bit I must say but hey what can you do. Apparently it's fine for a doctor to do but if it was a single parent/lower class family they'd have SS tearing the kids out of their arms!

youngbutnotdumb Mon 21-Jul-08 13:44:18

Eh? What have I done wrong now Expat?

Why diod u report me?

wannaBe Mon 21-Jul-08 13:44:51

according to news this morning the case is being closed and it is expected that mccanns and murat will all have their arguido status removed.

No-one will ever know what happened to Madeleine. Presumably now the Mccanns will just become people that come on tv and radio to talk about their ordeal every time a child goes missing, in much the same way as Ben Needham's mother has for the past several years.

Oliveoil Mon 21-Jul-08 13:45:58

only one thread on MM is allowed as we were swamped with foaming at the mouth ones and the site was horrid

Hulababy Mon 21-Jul-08 13:45:59

Apologies too; had forgotten about other thread. After all this time had assumed people had better to do that slag off others; obviously still going strong. Hope the threa comments can be moved there.

youngbutnotdumb Mon 21-Jul-08 13:47:23

Hopefully pone day we will find out what happened to Madeleine for her and her families sake. Wherever she is I hope shes happy one way or another.

It's sad when you see Kerry Neeham on TV after what about 16 years? Maybe more still not knowing. That must be the worst part.

expatinscotland Mon 21-Jul-08 13:48:01

i reported the thread, young, not you.

because squonk provided a link where all McCann comments need to be directed - that thread was set up especially for such a purpose.

so i have asked MNHQ to move this one and merge it with the one designed for such purposes.

nothing personal, it's just that there is already a dedicated place to discuss this.

youngbutnotdumb Mon 21-Jul-08 13:48:41

Well I didn't know about old thread. No one told me and as a result of not having phsycic powers I broke the big bad rule and made a thread! wink

youngbutnotdumb Mon 21-Jul-08 13:49:35

Oh no thats fine Expat I was wondering.

wannaBe Mon 21-Jul-08 13:51:07

there's hardly likely to be an influx of threads now though is there? the original thread was created because of all the other threads at the time but over a year on it's not going to be the same is it?

I always feel for Kerry Needham when I see her on tv. But she has always believed that ben will come back one day. For her though I think the difference is that it is very widely believed that Ben was stolen for an illegal adoption racket, so was most likely brought up by people who desperately wanted a child and would have loved him, whereas this is not believed to have been the case with madeleine.

Jajas Mon 21-Jul-08 13:51:39

Fadge, which stone did you crawl out from to make that remark about the McCanns? God why does this subject always bring out the worst in people!

youngbutnotdumb Mon 21-Jul-08 13:54:44

I don't think it's so much that it brings out the most in people I think it's more a case of it brings out the extreme's in people as in opinion wise.

Everyone is entitled to think what they like about them. At the end of the day they only have themselves to blame foir being hated by some people.

I was only little when Ben went missing what led them to believe he was taken for adoption?

HermanMunster Mon 21-Jul-08 13:58:06

screw it , i'm planting myself firmly in the "no smoke without fire" camp on this one.

Oliveoil Mon 21-Jul-08 13:59:43

[sigh]

leave them alone fgs THEIR DAUGHTER IS MISSING

noddyholder Mon 21-Jul-08 13:59:45

What are they being cleared of?They have never been charged with anything just made 'arguidos' which is an official suspect but considering they never answer any questions straight and they have made this circus themselves i think its a joke Will be interesting to see what happens when that detectives book comes out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now