Talk

Advanced search

Anyone else heard back from their MP re: family courts?

(3 Posts)
Callisto Fri 18-Jul-08 16:55:38

Because I've had a letter from my MP Geoffrey Clifton-Brown (con) basically stating that he is aware of the problems with the family courts and that, despite lobbying from various of the Cons and Lib-Dems the govt has done/is doing nothing (no suprise there). What he did say was that that there are some pilot schemes aiming to give the courts the power to publish their rulings and that the Shadow Justice Team (his caps) have formed a working party to consider the family courts so that the Conservatives can 'quickly implement the reforms that are needed' if and when they are elected.

Anyone else heard anything? (Sorry, lost track on the other thread and can't be bothered to slog my way through it).

amethyst86 Fri 18-Jul-08 16:58:34

Yes strangely enough I have just posted right at the end of the other thread with a copy of the letter I received today.

edam Fri 18-Jul-08 23:13:13

Interesting. I heard from mine a few days ago (mentioned it on the original thread). He's a Tory, too, but didn't say anything about the shadow justice team working party. He was supportive, anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now