Talk

Advanced search

which articles in today's papers have you enjoyed most?

(17 Posts)
suzywong Sun 13-Jul-08 13:31:13

I'm ill in bed and would really like to be reading the Sunday papers with a bag of a)minstrels and b)scampi fries and some proper sausages (cold) and a gingsters cheese and onion pasty to hand.

And my boyfriend JD beavering away under the duvet

But I'll settle for reading the articles online

TIA

Amphibimum Sun 13-Jul-08 13:37:06

lol

havnt read papers today, sorry. have been out buying chickens.
might go and find them now...

yesterdays family bit of guardian had an article about a married couple who did a 101 day sex marathon, no papers, magazines, internet or telly for 101 days but mucho shagging. apparenlty it put the spark back in their relationship. nice eh?

booge Sun 13-Jul-08 13:41:08

Hmmmm DH hasn't stopped going on about that article.

brightongirldownunder Sun 13-Jul-08 13:47:47

Suzy - do you miss the good old british sunday papers?
I can't stand the sydney morning herald and would do anything for a sunday times or independant on sunday. Literally ANYTHING. I want to be reading them with a proper cup of tea and some jaffa cakes but have resorted to pisspoor tetley (yeah right) and tim freaking tams.
Get well soon BTW

suzywong Sun 13-Jul-08 14:39:56

yeah, tim fricking tams are SO over-rated

so what was good in the Independent today? Is it still going?

brightongirldownunder Sun 13-Jul-08 14:45:29

Jeez i don't know if the UK still exists....let alone the Independent
The news over here just seems to be about the Olympics - I really don't know whats going on in the rest of the world anymore!
What I'd do for a nice loo read with the Sunday Times magazine (TMI, sorry!!)

superloopy Sun 13-Jul-08 15:03:52

Hey be nice.... Don't diss the timtams!!wink

brightongirldownunder Sun 13-Jul-08 15:06:53

Super - I love it here, but really, Timtams - Penguins are far superior.

Amphibimum Sun 13-Jul-08 15:29:59

we had the independent delivered for ages, suze, coz dp objected to the grauniad's angst levels. but i nearly died of boredom, so switched back. am relieved.

morningpaper Sun 13-Jul-08 22:10:16

The Guardian did 100 Best Short Breaks in the UK which I liked!

That couple that had sex 101 days in a row and then wrote a book about it and then posed for photos with their 8 year old daughter saying "Oooh she just thinks it's a book about mum and dad loving each other" and the book is clearly bearing the worlds 101 DAYS OF FUCKING or somesuch -

well I just wanted to stab them in the eyes with a Rampant Rabbit TBH

JudyJones Sun 13-Jul-08 22:30:03

Can I say, I HATED this: entertainment.timesonline.co.uk/tol/arts_and_entertainment/music/article4301484.ece. Oh, Carla Bruni makes my skin itch, but seems to do it for sad middle-aged newspaper editors...

But there was a seriously good piece in Live mag in the Mail on Sunday - but, alas, not on their website - about how computers (many of them from the NHS) are shipped to Africa, before having confidential info stripped out by gangs and being burnt down in the most hideous and toxic way by children, for the scraps of precious metal in them. Sounds a bit bizarre, but it was proper journalism about a real scandal. And hidden in a lads' mag in the Mail!

expatinscotland Sun 13-Jul-08 22:31:22

I've given up on all Sunday papers.

ScottishMummy Sun 13-Jul-08 22:35:20

been out all day not read any sunday papers.Any goss?

JudyJones Sun 13-Jul-08 22:55:35

ScottishMummy, just in case you missed it: Lembit Opik dumped by Cheeky Girl. I got sniggered at in the shop this morning, because I was reading that story - agog - in News of the World. Hurriedly put it down before I got full details. Sigh.

ScottishMummy Sun 13-Jul-08 22:59:07

what a brass neck for him chucked by a plastic titted fembot though he is a bit of a tit too

ScottishMummy Sun 13-Jul-08 23:06:03

i am so proud of you gushed Lembit they made an odd unusual pair

JudyJones Tue 15-Jul-08 07:50:34

Fembot, I love it!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now