Talk

Advanced search

JonBenet Ramsey

(15 Posts)
NorkyButNice Fri 11-Jul-08 21:41:37

I'm surprised to have seen nothing in the news of the fact that JonBenet's parents have finally been cleared of any involvement in her murder. Too late for her mother who died unfortunately.

There was only a tiny article as a sidebar in my paper here in the States, and after perusing the British papers online I can't find any mention of it.

Considering how much they were accused and dragged through the mud at the time and for years after, the least that could happen is for it to be well publicised that they weren't involved.

Rant over!

expatinscotland Fri 11-Jul-08 21:44:47

I lived in Boulder when that case broke.

The cops completely and utterly fucked up that investigation from the get go.

All the way.

Beyond a doubt.

The Ramseys lives were ruined. Mr Ramsey's elder daughter from his first marriage had already been killed a few years before in a car accident.

The man's lost two children and his wife.

cornsilk Fri 11-Jul-08 21:45:48

Incredibly sad story.

WendyWeber Fri 11-Jul-08 21:47:58

Just been searching - it was in the Mail yesterday.

Very very very sad case all round. Poor family.

2shoes Fri 11-Jul-08 21:48:02

sorry to ask....but was she the little beauty queen?

madamez Fri 11-Jul-08 21:48:48

Yes. Poor little sod.

Heated Fri 11-Jul-08 21:50:59

No one ever charged?

expatinscotland Fri 11-Jul-08 21:51:55

Probably no one will be with the way the investigation was all fucked up.

WendyWeber Fri 11-Jul-08 21:52:07

Also in the Telegraph

NorkyButNice Fri 11-Jul-08 21:53:46

Glad it's been in the news somewhere - the DM isn't on my regular trawl of the papers!

It is such an awful tragedy, compounded by the fact that the police messed it up so badly.

WendyWeber Fri 11-Jul-08 22:00:32

It's on my interweb news circuit, NBN wink

It was such a sad story at the time, poor little love, & the way it was dealt with locally made it become so much worse.

VanillaPumpkin Fri 11-Jul-08 22:00:41

They did report it on the BBC breakfast news this week. Awful story sad.

schneebly Fri 11-Jul-08 22:02:08

sad

expatinscotland Fri 11-Jul-08 22:03:20

the house had its front remodelled.

from the news footage, you don't really get a good idea for how big it is, especially from the side.

poor patsy. she lived the rest of her life in anguish. she loved that child and her very last words were about her.

cornsilk Fri 11-Jul-08 22:06:56

I remember seeing her on a documentary about beauty pageants and talking about it with colleagues. It seemed so surreal then when the news came, not so long after, about her murder. I wonder would her parents have been treated so badly if she hadn't been already 'famous.'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now