Talk

Advanced search

who say the car crash in eastbourne last night at 9.30 on the news today?

(15 Posts)
AwayWithTheFaries Fri 11-Jul-08 15:10:18

www.eastbourneherald.co.uk/news/Two-die-in-A259-crash.4279685.jp
the 18 year old woman is my little sister
iv spoken to my mum and sis is ok and coming home today trouble is im in bloody kent and feel usless

forevercleaning Fri 11-Jul-08 15:13:09

how awful. I hope she is ok

FAQ Fri 11-Jul-08 15:13:29

sad thinking of you AWTF.

Lizzzombie Fri 11-Jul-08 15:14:50

I live near the DGH.
Is there anything I can do on behalf of you?

Thank goodness your sis is ok x

eandh Fri 11-Jul-08 15:16:01

Thinking of you and your sister, any chance you can go and visit soon?

SoupDragon Fri 11-Jul-08 15:16:28

I hope she makes a full recovery. How scary.

Helsbels4 Fri 11-Jul-08 15:20:13

I live in Eastbourne and heard that on the news today. Made me go all cold, how awful? Hope your sister wasn't too badly hurt. Were the two people who died in the same car?

AwayWithTheFaries Fri 11-Jul-08 15:25:50

thanks all shes ok iv been trying to phone her but her phone is off but mum said she is being really nasty to her and nan saying dont leave me (last night) and demanding things but i think thats just her way of coping with the shock
id love to go down there but ist having the money i get paid at the end of the month from my new job but i can see that going on bloody bills

AwayWithTheFaries Fri 11-Jul-08 15:27:38

HB it was 2 cars and both drivers died my sister has head injuries but shes coming home today i think so it cant be that bad if they are letting her home

Helsbels4 Fri 11-Jul-08 15:58:13

I'm glad she's relatively ok and her being nasty was most probably because of shock, especially if she was aware that the driver of the car she was in had died. I was in really bad crash 14yrs ago but I went the other way with shock and didn't know what all the fuss was with x-rays, drips etc. Affects people in different ways I suppose. Your mum and nan are with her, so don't beat yourself up that you can't be with her. Hope things are ok.

Blu Fri 11-Jul-08 16:02:06

Sorry to hear this.

Was the man who died a freind or family, too?

Morphine can make people very out of character, grumpy and rude - she may have been given a morphin-based ainkiller. Tell your Mum and Nan not to take it personally.

beaniesteve Fri 11-Jul-08 16:05:27

Are you looking for witnesess? sad

so sorry to hear ...

AwayWithTheFaries Fri 11-Jul-08 16:11:08

the driver of the car she was in was a good friend of hers ahh hadnt thought of the morphine BS i think the police are looking for witnesses there is a number on the link i posted thanks again everyone im off to work now but ill be back later xx

edam Fri 11-Jul-08 16:14:03

Thank heaven's she's OK (ish), AWTF. Hope your mum is managing - do pass on the morphine info so she doesn't take it personally.

AwayWithTheFaries Fri 11-Jul-08 20:37:43

thanks edam yeah i told mum that i spoke to my sister shes fine just shocked she has got to have a op on her hand on monday as the bones from her first and third fingers in her right hand were pushed into her hand ouch!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now