Talk

Advanced search

Just had a word about raising money for S E Asia with dd1's school.

(15 Posts)
BubblesDeVere Tue 04-Jan-05 10:59:47

I have just had a word with the headmistress of dd1's school about a coffee morning.

She was just going to ask for donations, but says as I have come forward she will work in conjuction for me to raise money.

I have a meeting with her in the morning and would like ANY tips that you think I could put forward.

Obviously people with pay for their tea and coffee and I have suggested a raffle, but if you have any more ideas they would be greatly appreciated.

MrsBigD Tue 04-Jan-05 11:02:17

well could you just set up an extra donations box?

BubblesDeVere Tue 04-Jan-05 11:03:20

Yes, i'll get dd2 to help decorate them.

Hulababy Tue 04-Jan-05 11:04:16

I remember when I was at school and Live Aid first started, in the hall was a big outline of Africa, which the children all filled in with their donations. Maybe an idea along those lines, for the children involved?

yoyo Tue 04-Jan-05 11:04:31

Ask people to bring along their unwanted Christmas presents and sell them.

Mum2girls Tue 04-Jan-05 11:05:36

Biscuits and cakes...

BubblesDeVere Tue 04-Jan-05 11:06:07

Brilliant, keep them coming, I'll have a Proposal sorted out in no time

BubblesDeVere Tue 04-Jan-05 11:06:23

She'll wonder what's hit her when I waid in.

BubblesDeVere Tue 04-Jan-05 11:26:16

Bump

BubblesDeVere Tue 04-Jan-05 14:06:08

bumpety bump

pixiefish Tue 04-Jan-05 14:08:11

We're having a non uniform day on Friday- donations from the kids are going to the Save the Children SEAsia fund

BubblesDeVere Tue 04-Jan-05 16:23:35

Brilliant, all the kids love non-uniform day

highlander Wed 05-Jan-05 03:20:10

my neice's school had a thing where they all threw wet sponges at the teachers - kids spent a fortune apparently

kid Wed 05-Jan-05 07:16:08

DD's school spoke to the children about it yesterday (their first day back) and has asked for them to think of ways we can raise money as a school. We are looking at a non-uniform day at the moment.
I saw on a website about letting balloons go, you attach your name and school / address and the balloon that turns up further away, wins a prize. The money made from selling the balloons could go to the charity. They recommend you use certain balloons (environment friendly)

BubblesDeVere Wed 05-Jan-05 10:14:21

Well, the meeting was very very succesful, we have arranged a time and date and everything, things include, cakes and biscuits, raffle, lucky dip, tea coffee,etc, I have already had the tea and coffee donated by our local supermarket, so now I just have to get some volunteers to help on the stalls etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now