Talk

Advanced search

OMG - tragic death

(7 Posts)
Gobbledigook Sun 02-Jan-05 09:41:34

8 year old boy killed

This is round the corner from me and we go walking there too - can you imagine just going out for a New Years Day walk and this happening? So, so sad

SPARKLER1 Sun 02-Jan-05 09:43:15

How terribly sad. The poor family. What on earth were they doing walking outside in that dreadful weather??!!

Gobbledigook Sun 02-Jan-05 09:45:39

I know! TBH, I did notice that it whipped up really quickly though. I was working in the office and it seemed to me that one minute it was really bright and sunny (I had to close the curtains) and then the next the rain was really lashing down and the trees were blowing everywhere. They probably went out when it was fine and Dunham is quite big so they may have been making their way back when it happened.

SPARKLER1 Sun 02-Jan-05 09:46:48

Blimey - you just don't know what's around the corner do you?

coppertop Sun 02-Jan-05 09:47:51

Poor family.

Joolstoo Sun 02-Jan-05 10:16:56

gdg - I mentioned this story on one of the tsunami threads last night - your df got a call about it yesterday - but he said the boy was 7.

its bloody awful

Gobbledigook Sun 02-Jan-05 10:22:52

Oh, did he have to go out to it?

It's really horrible and these things always 'hit' you worse when it's somewhere you could easily have been yourself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now