Talk

Advanced search

Crap Management in Royal Mail

(8 Posts)
LowFat Wed 03-Oct-07 08:40:31

Seen as we are potentially 2 days away from another Royal Mail strike I thought here is as good a place to post this as anyway.

Just wanted to say how angry I am with Management in RM! angry

DH hours are due to change next week, and up to now his manager has said there was nothing he could do about it. Despite his having child care responsibilities etc.

The manager went sick this week (hear-say is that it stress) and a a stand in manager 'as if by magic' hmm produced a load of forms for 'Request for Fexible Working' for the 6 or 7 guys in his office who all have child care commitments.

Anyway these forms say there is a 14 week consideration period for flexible working....14 bl**dy weeks! angry

So how come the staff only get 6-8 weeks notice there hous are going to change and that it was only verbal, until a letter was given 2 weeks late saying hours will change - but not saying what to - and then the actual times were communicated verbally!

I am so angry, what a double edged sword!
What crap management angry angry angry

Dh has gone in today to see wht he supposed to do in the meantime.

jofeb04 Wed 03-Oct-07 08:58:52

LF

Hope something good comes out of it, unlikely though!

claricebeansmum Wed 03-Oct-07 09:03:17

sad OP

I have heard that potentially, due to industrial action, we might not have door delivery for up to 3 weeks.

So what exactly are the RM management up to? From the OP the ground level workers are not happy and now the customers are not going to be happy either.

What the RM managment have failed to grasp is that this is another nail in the coffin for them. Three weeks without mail - alot of businesses will go elsewhere.

saggarmakersbottomknocker Wed 03-Oct-07 09:35:20

Yes LF that is crap. I'm not surprised you're angry. Why is this 'change' stuff always one way? I'm appalled that they haven't had proper written notice.

dh has recently had to change his shifts - in line with feckin 'modernisation'. The new shifts are 'family friendly'. I'm not sure how being out of the house from 7.15am til 8pm is family friendly hmm

StUnTmAnTaLcY Wed 03-Oct-07 09:47:50

angry

postie tried to deliver parcel on monday...was out

he/she left a card

i noticed that the opening times on the card had changed...

no longer open after 12.15

went to sorting office next morning
asked about the change in opening times

was informed that the office was still open until 5

but was no longer to be advertised as such, as management wanted to justify it's closure!

LowFat Wed 03-Oct-07 15:11:08

Well I have written to our local MP about it, seen as he opened the new sorting office last year.....

He has to investigate now so lets see what he comes back with! What chuff and nonsense will the management tell him

No manager in today for Dh to talk to BTW hmm so 1 day before the strike and new hours and he has to sort out what shifts he'll be expected to work next week.

Grrrr

Am so sorry for all the people being affected by the strike - it's the front line workers and customer who will pay the price, while the Union and the Management do battle sad

claricebeansmum Wed 03-Oct-07 15:27:34

And of course the management will collect their substantial salaries.

I think they should be made to deliver the post themselves. Wouldn't mind Adam Crozier bringing me my Boden catalogue! grin

LowFat Wed 03-Oct-07 18:11:29

Yes, but not Alan Leighton [stuck out tongue emoticon]

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now