Talk

Advanced search

Am dismayed at media coverage of David Beckham's father

(11 Posts)
FLIER Thu 27-Sep-07 08:41:41

on gmtv this morning, father suspected heart attack, but the way they had pictures of david B racing thru LAX airport wearing dark glasses, saying "it looks as if he's been crying" FFS! leave him alone!
The reporter was also outside the hospital where his dad is supposed to be.

So sad, leave the poor bloke on his own!

belgo Thu 27-Sep-07 08:42:13

I agree Flier.

unknownrebelbang Thu 27-Sep-07 08:43:58

I agree.

With respect to both Mr Beckhams, it's hardly news is it?

Theclosetpagan Thu 27-Sep-07 08:56:14

It's the same when anyone famous has a baby. About 10 years ago I was a midwife (community) to the wife of a man who was a household name. They had soo much crap from reporters it was untrue. Someone tipped the reporters off when she went into labour and they were camped outside - even tried putting on greens to get inside the labour ward. In the end the Dad had to go out and give them a statement - ffs this was his first baby - it should have been such a private time but they were swamped.

The press need shooting sometimes.

chipmonkey Thu 27-Sep-07 09:44:41

One of our most famous radio DJ's here in Ireland tells of how when his wife was in labour, a member of the public walked into the room where she was labouring and said "Howya, Gerry!" Gerry's wife told him where to go in no uncertain terms!

fireflyfairy2 Thu 27-Sep-07 09:46:52

I love Gerry Ryan!!!

Yes I agree, they should be left alone in times like this.

(Although there is a price to pay for fame & they look for press coverage & then complain when they get it hmm)

When it comes to other members of their families they should be left alone to grieve/fret in private.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WestCountryLass Thu 27-Sep-07 12:23:17

How intrusive! I can't believe there is no real news to report, give them some space FFS!

Bundle Thu 27-Sep-07 12:23:43

and posh's sister's marriage has broken up. the family are having a tough time.

Flamesparrow Thu 27-Sep-07 12:32:25

His dad never asked for fame. I was a bit baffled why it was in the news in general.

southeastastra Thu 27-Sep-07 12:46:15

anything connected to the beckhams (trade mark hmm is news isn't it.)

hope he makes a recovery. my friend spent ages talking to his dad once, later someone told her who he was! he's a nice bloke

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now