Talk

Advanced search

Any F1 McLaren fans?

(7 Posts)
sarahgg Thu 13-Sep-07 22:41:33

Have just heard verdict from todays hearing, cannot believe McLaren are losing all team points and $100million fine angry. Am absolutley gutted. Don't know what I'm going to say to my 6 yr old DD, had to reassure her yesterday it would be fine, she made me promise her that Hamilton would still be racing, think he is her first crush! DH is life long Ferrari fan, even he is pretty miffed that Ferrari took it this far. Feel really upset, how sad is that, not like I have to find the $100m.

emkana Thu 13-Sep-07 22:42:51

I don't really care, but dh (who is yet to find out, as he's away atm) will be very p*ed off.

Just glad that the title race can continue for the drivers.

emkana Thu 13-Sep-07 22:43:14

What I want to know is: what are they going to do with all that money?

sarahgg Thu 13-Sep-07 22:44:13

Invest it in more speed cameras & humps?

sugarmatches Fri 14-Sep-07 01:42:33

I am so upset about this! There is so much ambiguity concerning what (if anything) really happened here. IMO Ferrari just cannot stand losing, but they will win by default as far as I am concerned. They are second best and they just need to come to terms with that.

Thankfully the drivers wont lose any points because Hamilton and Alonso are the best drivers right now. If they had been stripped of points and Massa were to have won, I seriously would have never watched F1 again.

Alonso was a champion with Renault and no one can deny he is an amazing driver. Hamilton is such a wonder kid and has just blown everyone away. It is just a shame that their thunder will now be stolen by everyone gossiping that they only won by using Ferrari secrets. That is rubbish!!

Yes, I am a huge F1 fan and I am a woman.
Dh influenced me early on in our relationship.

Furball Fri 14-Sep-07 05:51:26

Don't think it proves anything to anyone other than the fact that Ferrari will win the constructors championship only because McLaren now can't. We all know the true winner Ron!

clerkKent Fri 14-Sep-07 13:28:17

Teh result is typical of F1 politics. Teh size of the fine is completely out of proportion to the offence.

If McLaren DID take advantage of the knowledge they had, then the drivers should also lose all their points, and McLaren should be banned for the rest of the season. But that would never happen because it would kill F1 dead (see sugarmatches). If the team hd been, say, Spyker, then the result would have been a complete ban. Also, if McLaren were guilty, then you would expect all their sponsors to abandon them, and they would go bust. However I personally have lot of faith in Ron and I cannot believe he would have condoned any illegal action by any of his team.

If McLaren did NOT take advantage, then what on earth is going on? It would seem to be a successful Ferrari ruse to put the boot into McLaren.

It is a very good question about where the money will go. A bonus for Bernie? If it was ploughed back into the sport to help the struggling teams, then some good may result.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now