Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

MN news blackout enthusiasts out-freak their enemies.

(33 Posts)
Spidermama Tue 11-Sep-07 22:00:28

I came on for a bit of MNing and unwinding after a hard days work and what do I find?

Barely an adult conversation in sight.

This is ridiculous. I'm on no-one's side and nor do I need to join a strike.

Thank God for Facebook.

dinny Tue 11-Sep-07 22:02:11

Yes, do agree, Spidermama - there's a bit of a competition to impress the cool kids in the playground atm.

Spidermama Tue 11-Sep-07 22:05:50

The irony is that the protesters are spending far more energy on the subject than the people they're objecting to.

They need to wise TF up and go and join or start some proper threads.

handlemecarefully Tue 11-Sep-07 22:10:57

Whilst initially I found it amusing, it is just the tiniest bit silly isn't it...

DottyOfArc Tue 11-Sep-07 22:13:17

Spidermama - I came on for a bit of MNing and unwinding after a hard days work as well and I'm so glad Cod started her thread because every now and then it's good to unwind in a slightly daft, mad way.

DottyOfArc Tue 11-Sep-07 22:13:30

HMC - I think silly's the name of the game??

anorak Tue 11-Sep-07 22:14:58

this is the first fun I've had on mn for days.

any thread people want to chat on will go to the top of active convos and that includes your adult conversations. Surely there's room for everyone.

SlightlyMadSweden Tue 11-Sep-07 22:15:13

I have come on late tonight and I am confused... I don't have a clue whats going on...something about a strike...lots of threads about 'MN' in "In the News" whcih don't seem to be about news...my little brain is confused sad

watling Tue 11-Sep-07 22:15:16

Message withdrawn

VeniVidiVernonHartshornNUMNQV Tue 11-Sep-07 22:16:03

I think it demonstrates that there are more people who don't want to read lurid details or discuss Sky gossip-mongering than not, which is heartening.

(posted by Hunker, as VVV, because I can't be arsed to get unbanned)

watling Tue 11-Sep-07 22:17:39

Message withdrawn

NotQuiteCockney Tue 11-Sep-07 22:18:51

Hey, who are you on facebook, spidermama? I'm there under my Real Name, confusingly enough ...

SlightlyMadSweden Tue 11-Sep-07 22:19:08

Hunker - are you cheating againhmm grin

handlemecarefully Tue 11-Sep-07 22:19:09

true, but I think the point has been very eloquently made already re disgust with the McCann threads ...

I do think this is a tad overkill (albeit some of the threads very witty) and makes us look a little obsessive

But carry on by all means - I don't feel strongly about it

GessGalloway Tue 11-Sep-07 22:19:46

I think there were quite a surprising number of people who were/are ready to stop posting, this is an alternative.

cluelessnchaos Tue 11-Sep-07 22:21:18

I think I had to be there to find all this funny, just came on and feeling left out, twattish, irate. But as long as you are all enjoying yourselves.

VengefulSquirrel Tue 11-Sep-07 22:23:30

Well said, Spidermama. I came to Mumnet and few months ago and have found it an invaluable parenting resource.

Over the last few days there have been loads of unanswered threads with folks really needing some advice/support, and everyone is too busy to help out. Last night one young poster was dealing with a mc and had only a few responses.

Glad you are all having fun on the strike thread, but Mumsnet's reputation as an 'on-line' hug seems to have gone off the boil tonight!!!!

Like Spidermama I am in favour of going back to proper threads. Lots of these 'in' threads seems quite cliquey to me, cleaving Mumsnet users down the middle (although I know middle is debatable). Is this really what we want?

A request for a return to normality

SlightlyMadSweden Tue 11-Sep-07 22:23:40

Same here Clueless Nacho...if you had been here from teh start I can see how it might be funny...but I am confused...I am mentally exhausted anyway...I think my bed is in order...

VengefulSquirrel Tue 11-Sep-07 22:23:58

Mumsnet, even! blush

GessGalloway Tue 11-Sep-07 22:25:47

An 'on-line hug'??? I think that was net mums.

I thought the we were a vipers nest (or was it a nest of vipers?)

VeniVidiVernonHartshornNUMNQV Tue 11-Sep-07 22:30:14

Its just a larf fgs.

VengefulSquirrel Tue 11-Sep-07 22:32:27

Still, doncha think the hug sounds nicer?!?!

Spidermama Tue 11-Sep-07 22:32:41

VVVVVVVQ, you know that person who laughs very loudly and for far too long after a decent joke....?

That's you lot, that is.

VengefulSquirrel Tue 11-Sep-07 22:34:19

Spidermama, you are on a roll!

GessGalloway Tue 11-Sep-07 22:34:30

Oh no online hug is barf city. Reminds me of tickers. <<shudder>>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now