Talk

Advanced search

GAY FOSTER CARERS ABUSED BOYS

(10 Posts)
salsmum Thu 06-Sep-07 10:49:27

I.ve just read in the Mail about those two gay guys who abused the poor boys in their care and the social workers carried on letting them foster because they were afraid of being classed as honophobic????? shock WTF is going on??? The guys who abused the boys carried on for 8 months even after s.s. knew about the allegations because they didn't want the homophob 'tag' these boys were from 'difficult' backgrounds and some were mentally impaired suffering from Aspergers syndrom.
These guys that abused them were described as 'trophy' foster carers and were highly thought of in s.s. but they were child molesters plain and simple. S.S. failed these boys badly in the name of political correctness sad.
I am a carer myself and know that alot of gay people work as carers,foster carers, nurses...etc..and I admire them wholeheartedly, in fact some of my and my sons closest friends are gay who are good, decent people and would never in a million years dream of hurting or molesting a child in their care. BUT there are always the minority of gay, straight, bisexual and hetrosexual scumbags who would hurt a child child molesters are not confined to one group,colour, creed or religion or even age it knows no boundaries. WISE UP SOCIAL SERVICES.angry

themoon66 Thu 06-Sep-07 11:22:23

That is so sad. Those poor, poor children sad

sexual orientation has nothing to do with it. Abuse is abuse.

juuule Thu 06-Sep-07 11:24:39

Are you saying that social services were aware before the boys were placed with them that they were likely to abuse the boys, but placed them anyway due to pc?

SueBaroo Thu 06-Sep-07 11:55:20

juuule, that's what's being reported, apparently.

juuule Thu 06-Sep-07 12:18:59

I'm speechless

Squiffy Thu 06-Sep-07 12:19:39

I would take anything I read in the Daily Mail with an extremely large pinch of salt.

Stuff like this can get twisted in a million ways. I doubt social workers are so stupid as to go ahead if they had a reasonable suspicion, political correctness or not. Doesn't mean they don't make mistakes, but I guess in that line of work things are rarely as black or white as journalists imply.

ArcticRoll Thu 06-Sep-07 12:22:29

Always remember that gay people and social workers are not top of the Daily Mail's favourite list so I would be reluctant to read this story as entirely accurate.

Peachy Thu 06-Sep-07 12:24:45

Mentally impaired from AS? hmm, what an awfully unknow;edgeable description of AS

How come anything I read in the DM (OK, Anything i read that was originally reported in the DM) never seems to make it onto MS news? I wonder....

IF it happened like this, its awful of course.

Gay or straight irrelevant however

Aitch Thu 06-Sep-07 12:25:03

my friend was abused by his 'heterosexual' male foster carer. if it's true about the warnings then shame on social services, but if not, their sexuality has nothing to do with it.

salsmum Thu 06-Sep-07 18:38:57

Apparently an 8year old who had a photo taken of him in the bathroom as well as his twin brother showed the pic to his mum who then gave it to s.s. who LOST the pic 8 months before the molesters were imprisoned sooo it seems s.s. did know about allegations but still left young lads in these monsters care. shock.
peachy i'm really sorry if i offended you it certainly was'nt intended sad i was just trying to make the point that some of the kids in their care were vunerable because of their disabilities not just their home environment.
My daughter has a phyisical disability and is in wheelchair[cerebral palsy] and my mum has Dementia.
I have known a couple of kids with A.S. when i worked as a volunteer so if i didnt use the correct terminology for A.S. please forgive me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now