Talk

Advanced search

ex husband not wanting to spend time with children

(5 Posts)
hippychick1971 Sun 02-Sep-07 20:16:14

is there anyone who can tell me what to do. i am divorced and have two lovely children. my ex rarely sees them and never phones. he shows no interest in what they do or where they have been. he is now living with someone who my children have met on numerous occasions and they like her, so i have never had a problem with her and even invited her to my childrens birthday parties (she didnt come) since living with her (about 7weeks) he is showing less and less interest (if thats possible) and my heart is breaking for my two dd's i dont now whether to let him see them when he feels or cut him out completely so they dont get hust anymore

pleeeeaaaase help

poppy34 Sun 02-Sep-07 20:39:11

hippychick- probably wrong place to post this here. you might get more response on another thread maybe -on relationships?

Are you able to speak to your ex about this and why he doesnt want to see them? Has he always been not interested (it sounds like it from your OP) in the kids or is this something post divorce?

hippychick1971 Sun 02-Sep-07 21:52:08

he has never been interested in the children i can count on one hand how many times he bathed them, made them dinner or put them to bed, he was too busy drining downstairs. i have spoke to him but he blames his workload, and otherthings (ussually me) i have never stopped him spending time with them in fact i am way too soft with him letting him use my car as he only has a works van. so that he can pick them up and do things with them.

000Laura000 Tue 04-Sep-07 12:25:21

Have you posted this somewhere else? I can't find it. Just looked in Lone Parents but couldn't see it.

Laura

hippychick1971 Wed 05-Sep-07 09:45:27

hi laura i have posted this on relationships

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: