Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Juice in bottles!!!

(23 Posts)
kentgirl73 Mon 20-Aug-07 22:06:00

My biggest gripe of all - why do people continue to put juice into childrens bottles!!! - Even the celebs do - Beckhams and Jade Goody, but please it doesnt take a brain surgeon to work out what will happen!!!

MerlinsBeard Mon 20-Aug-07 22:07:18

why is this 'in the news'?

kentgirl73 Mon 20-Aug-07 22:07:57

Its not but thought it would get a read...

Whooosh Mon 20-Aug-07 22:20:28

I know it's bad but tea is even more disgusting-especially when the child is over 2! Grrrr

LoveAngel Tue 21-Aug-07 17:23:25

Juice in a bottle - where's the news story? Unless the child has the bottle on the go for long periods of time, its no worse for the teeth than juice through a straw or one of those 'sippy cup' beaker things. God, have you nothing else to worry about?

LowFatPumpkinJuice Tue 21-Aug-07 17:30:02

If juice is only given at meal times then I dont see this as a problem for a baby.

It did;nt harm my daughters teeth or those of any other child I know.

Nbg Tue 21-Aug-07 17:34:33

Yes but not all babies and toddlers will drink from a beaker or a cup.

Tis lovely for the parents of children that do but when you have a child that wont drink then you do what you can.

TwoIfBySea Tue 21-Aug-07 21:15:54

You know with dh buggering off recently I have spent a lot of time in council offices trying to sort everything out.

Last week I witnessed a young mother, kid in pushchair, keep him occupied by asking "You want your sausage roll then?" Said kid pounced on the thing, which had been kept wrapped in the shopping basket underneath and devoured it sharpish.

And I thought of Mumsnet and smiled for the first time in ages.

Juice in bottles, I've seen someone pour coke (of the cola kind not the powdery kind) into a bottle and let their little one sook away. I give it until the first teeth are in before they would need them pulled straight out.

LoveAngel Wed 22-Aug-07 10:30:34

I regularly give my son bakery sausage rolls. Am I newsworthy, then?

JeremyVile Wed 22-Aug-07 10:37:07

I tried to give DS a sausage roll (from M&S) for the first time the other day.
He stamped on it and prodded it, but none passed his lips.
If he had have liked it, i would have had absolutely no problem in giving him the occasional one, from Greggs, m&s or anywhere else.
Non-sausage-roll-giving is not a metaphor for being a good parent.

FlossALump Wed 22-Aug-07 10:42:30

My Ds used to have juice in a bottle on occaision. He point blank refused to drink water and I found it very stressful with him not seeming to drink enough. Now, however, he drinks water/juice/milk out of whatever cup he gets presented with. Oh and he has all his teeth.

My biggest gripe of all - why do you give a shit what other people do? I bet there are things that you do which other people would frown upon!!!!!!

NotADragonOfSoup Wed 22-Aug-07 10:47:32

Use google images to search for bottle mouth.

That's what the problem is.

LoveAngel Wed 22-Aug-07 11:16:05

My dentist told me that bottle mouth is caused by prolonged periods of sucking on a bottle filled with ANY liquid other than water (ie. milk, too). That's prolonged periods, not having a drink when you're thirsty.

Really, find something more important to worry about.

TwoIfBySea Thu 23-Aug-07 22:18:55

LoveAngel, if you want a giggle look up some of the threads about sausage rolls. There have been more than one.

I had never realised they were of such evil and am so glad I don't like pastry thus have missed out on the whole thing!

MyMILisDoloresUmbridge Fri 24-Aug-07 00:09:16

All the ds's had sausage rolls and chips at the beach yesterday! But I did bf them, so that's OK isn't it!

anniebear Fri 24-Aug-07 12:58:08

http://images.google.co.uk/imgres?imgurl=http://www.umanitoba.ca/outreach/wisdomtooth/gingiv.jpg&img refurl=http://www.umanitoba.ca/outreach/wisdomtooth/baby.htm&h=133&w=205&sz=8&hl=en&start=15&tbnid=i 9b5O4m_O1fDBM:&tbnh=68&tbnw=105&prev=/images%3Fq%3Dteeth%2Bdamaged%2Bby%2Bjuice%2Bin%2Bbottles%26gbv %3D2%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Den%26sa%3DG

see here, its horrible

anniebear Fri 24-Aug-07 12:58:46

Oops, sorry, bit of a world record !!!

sorry, dont know why it went funy

hopefully will still work though!!

anniebear Fri 24-Aug-07 12:59:55

lol, it didnt even work !!!!!!!!! grin

It was horrible anyway lol

Baby teeth damaged by prolonged drinking of milk and juice from bottles

choufleur Fri 24-Aug-07 19:14:12

oh my goodness shoot me wink i gave my ds a sausage roll AND some pork pie for his lunch. Thought it would be alright as he was eating apple and grapes as well, then has stawberries and fromage frais for pudding. is that ok? hmm

Chirpygirl Fri 24-Aug-07 19:30:16

DD has sausage rolls all the time, but I make them myself, so is that good or bad?!grin

She also has juice in her sippy cups and I just take it off her after awhile, I must be the worst mother ever

2mum Fri 24-Aug-07 20:07:10

So what if kids are drinking out of bottles? What sort of topic is this?

MyMILisDoloresUmbridge Fri 24-Aug-07 20:10:54

It's gratuitous judging 2mum!grin

2mum Fri 24-Aug-07 20:15:41

Thats the correct answer grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now