Halle-blardy-llulia

bout time too

thanks for the link J-No

JackieNo Mon 13-Aug-07 12:28:15

Yes, quite.

Scotia Mon 13-Aug-07 12:36:35

We already have that in Scotland.

TheQueenOfQuotes Mon 13-Aug-07 12:56:34

DS3's Growth chart has got "for Breastfed babies" on the top of it.........so I think maybe my local PCT have started using it already??? (although he's now mix-fed so that buggers all that up LOL)

NAB3 Mon 13-Aug-07 12:58:39

These have been available for years.

puppydavies Mon 13-Aug-07 13:11:54

has anyone actually compared the standard red book chart and the breastfed from birth one? cos i have and i couldn't see any difference between them

Reallytired Mon 13-Aug-07 13:50:25

Nah! all growth charts should be binned. A health visitor worth her salt can tell if a baby is growing and developing properly by looking at at and seeing if it is developing.

Its amazing that in olden days most people managed quite happily without knowing what percentile their bundle of joy was on.

kookaburra Mon 13-Aug-07 19:12:10

Hurray. Mine are way past that stage now, but I was so traumatised by a junior doc who weighed DS1 when he was about 2 days old - sharp intake of breath and said they would recomend he went on the bottle if not better gain the next day.
DS1 had latched on anturally & greedily immediately he was born and was very happy feeding. I called Dh, who called the NCT lactation consultanct and she came round and told them in no uncertain terms not to bully me. He grew wonderfully and I still feel angry at the blithe ignorant attitude of that doctor, and wondered how many mothers' confidence was sapped by him. He's probably a consultant now

massivebigpantsface Mon 13-Aug-07 19:15:14

We already have them here too! Came in about 2 or 3 months ago and hv swapped dd's details over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now