Talk

Advanced search

Election

(4 Posts)
TitanTanya44 Wed 11-Sep-19 12:03:14

Eager to hear Mumsnetters thoughts on the pending election.

Personally, I'm pro-Corbyn but the right-wing press are pulling a blinder on discrediting him. Propoganda galore.

I'm ignoring the mainstream polling because it's impossible to tell if it's biased.

What will you be voting and why?

Jesus, even typing this I know I sound like I'm some undercover journalist for the DM!!!

Xenia Thu 12-Sep-19 09:10:06

Conservative. They are the best party to ensure we are all best protected in all senses. Labour just spend money like water so there is nothing left for the less well off. Also for Labour McDonnell has been engaged in publicity suggesting they have dropped all kinds of changes such sa higher property taxes for home owners but I don't believe it for a minute. As soon as they are in power asset stripping from anyone who has worked hard and bought a home will begin in earnest as well as their plan to take money from your pensions - i.e. pension funds invest in shares and Labour plans to confiscate shares from big companies which will of course damage the pension plans of many not very well off pensioners.

Lots of other reasons too.

Labour has not won a general election since the onei n 2005 as the British people are too sensible.
Vote Conservative.

TitanTanya44 Thu 12-Sep-19 18:30:54

Well I suppose you and I are on opposite sides of the political fence.

I think the Tories and their forced austerity measures have pushed people to the brink. Increased taxes for the rich and more even wealth distribution (not to mention increased power to workers on low incomes and stronger unions) is exactly what we need.

I earn way above the national average salary and am happy to pay more tax to support those who have faced disadvantage for too long under the Tories. Less poverty would mean less crime, more cohesion and would be better for all in society rather than just the wealthy.

I am intrigued as to which way this will go though. It seems impossible to predict at the moment with all the brexit nonsense going on.

Mine seems like the mo

TitanTanya44 Thu 12-Sep-19 18:32:21

Sorry - posted too soon

Mine seems like the most sensible option as far as I'm concerned but then I suppose that's what makes politics diverse and interesting.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »