Talk

Advanced search

Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson - positive stories?

(15 Posts)
MyLeftArm Sun 01-Sep-19 19:10:42

God, in the 90s it wasn't even a crime to rape your wife, FFS. It was your right as a Husband to have sex, and any complaint was written up as a 'domestic'.

So considering people are still doubting the testimony of a dozen girls in 2019, because the Good Old Boys Club can't possibly be guilty, I don't bloody blame them for not coming forward sooner.

TheCraicDealer Sat 31-Aug-19 16:39:30

I don't believe a 17yo child who has been trafficked and made to sleep with the influential friends of a multi billionaire would be taken seriously if she made those sorts of allegations today, and things are still better than they were twenty years ago. There are still too many people, men and women, eager to make excuses for powerful men.

isabellerossignol Sat 31-Aug-19 16:36:26

who is using it to get her 15 minutes of fame

Yes, that seems plausible. Because the public are very sympathetic to women who have been the victims of powerful men, and they just throw money at them too.

Oh no, wait...

greentheme23 Sat 31-Aug-19 16:32:57

Your on his side!! Dear me! Would you have liked your daughter to have been one of those vulnerable girls he got to give him massages?

31RueCambon75001 Sat 31-Aug-19 16:28:26

I think he's using her.

For a minute I even nearly fell for it. I thought, there's no way Fergie who wears her heart on her sleeve, mother to two daughters, still cut up about not patching things up properly with Diana, would SHRUG over Prince Andrew's rapeyness with young girls who were at Epstein's house. But then I thought, God knows what he's said to her, but HE KNOWS that the public will think this, that ''ah, fergie wouldn't want him back if he were guilty''.

nogooddeedgoesunpunished Sat 31-Aug-19 16:26:00

Didn't Prince Andrew continue his friendship with Epstein after he was convicted of child abuse despite advice to sever all ties ?

SecretWitch Sat 31-Aug-19 16:19:48

Riannie You do understand that these were young girls? Many abuse victims feel powerless and believe they will not be taken seriously?
Sometimes, abuse victims do not find their voices until many many years later. Also please see MN campaign #WeBelieveYou.

Riannie Sat 31-Aug-19 16:15:42

Yes. I know it doesn't seem to make sense, but if everything is reported at the time, someone will eventually take the complaint seriously. If you wait until someone else is taken seriously and then say oh, that happened to me as well, you are guiltily of letting it happen to someone else without trying to stop it.

NonnoMum Sat 31-Aug-19 10:46:20

Sorry Riannie - I don't understand - she should have reported it but then others did who weren't taken seriously?

Riannie Sat 31-Aug-19 08:44:37

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Blonde4ever Sat 31-Aug-19 01:19:00

I know people will probably hate me but I am on prince andrew's side.everyone makes mistakes.until I see proof that he's done something bad,I won't believe it🤩🤩

NonnoMum Fri 30-Aug-19 22:50:25

So maybe the best thing she ever did was divorce him? A shame P Phil seems not to agree...

Didiusfalco Fri 30-Aug-19 22:43:13

I think positive comments about him, regardless of anything to do with Epstein will be few and far between.

Tolleshunt Fri 30-Aug-19 22:40:29

I’ve hard a few positive things about her over the years, mostly being generously charitable and not looking for publicity. I’ve also heard she is friendly and not up herself.

Only heard negative stuff about him, tho!

NonnoMum Fri 30-Aug-19 22:37:55

On one of the radio programmes the other day (I think BBCR2) the presenter implied that they had tried to get POSITIVE stories or fans of Prince Andrew but struggled... However, I have heard locally of positive charitable (and low key) intervention regarding Sarah Ferguson (helping a family with equipment for a disabled child). Any more contributors one way or the other?

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »