Talk

Advanced search

Mum kills two daughters because they ‘got in the way of her sex life’

(184 Posts)
GimmeeCaffeine Fri 02-Aug-19 15:33:32

Such depravity. Those poor little girls sad

https://www.itv.com/news/2019-08-02/evil-mother-jailed-for-murdering-daughters-who-got-in-the-way-of-sex-life/

GimmeeCaffeine Fri 02-Aug-19 15:33:57

Oops. Not sure why link hasn’t worked....

boringlyboring Fri 02-Aug-19 16:00:43

How awfulsad. Some people are just a waste of oxygen

Propertyofhood Fri 02-Aug-19 16:03:42

Oh I saw this story today, it's absolutely hideous, I can't understand how anyone could do that.

Those poor little girls sad

SayNoToCarrots Fri 02-Aug-19 16:18:34

How absolutely horrendous. Unforgivable.

I do wonder about this though: The children’s father Chris Draper, who never met Scarlett, said he felt "broken", with "nothing to live for".

Did she even consider asking him to take them instead? Was he so terrible that death was a better option for them? Is that why he'd never met his daughter? Or had he decided they weren't worth his time until now?

MarthasGinYard Fri 02-Aug-19 16:21:09

Murdering scumbag

Hope she rots

HollowTalk Fri 02-Aug-19 16:25:34

I was really shocked yesterday that none of the major newspapers featured this, and the DM only had it halfway down the page, after people in their bikinis.

Such a terrible crime and yeah, I wonder about the father, too. I doubt the mum would've denied him the chance to see the children, if only so that she had more time to go online.

M0RVEN Fri 02-Aug-19 16:26:00

Social services have families approved and waiting right now who would be very happy to adopt two little girls like these.

It’s not about the mother not having any options.

These poor children.

If it’s any consolation, the woman will have a hell of a time in prison. Most other prisoners don’t like child murderers.

Pipandmum Fri 02-Aug-19 16:29:05

Good point @SayNoToCarrots

OpheliaTodd Fri 02-Aug-19 16:29:18

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

Hoppinggreen Fri 02-Aug-19 16:31:54

It’s awful
I was a bit taken aback when the father was talking about how devastating it was and how he would never get to see their milestones etc - but he had never met the 18 month old and hasn’t seen the older one for ages
Whenever this happens the “father” seems to come out of the woodwork and talk about how their life has been ruined when they never seemed too involved when the child/REN was actually alive
Obviously it’s not his fault the mother killed the children but maybe he could have prevented it?

HollowTalk Fri 02-Aug-19 16:37:11

I agree - where is the father earlier? He says "Maybe if social services had listened to me, my girls would still be alive today." So evidently he'd complained about her but didn't see the children himself? That sounds odd.

devilinme Fri 02-Aug-19 16:48:30

Serious mental health issues. This does not exonerate her from the crimes, but to be able to even carry them out begs the question how could she contemplate such abhorrent behaviour.

Very sad

HollowTalk Fri 02-Aug-19 16:51:58

Apparently she doesn't have mental health issues, though. Some people are just absolutely awful.

HollowTalk Fri 02-Aug-19 16:53:02

Does anyone know why she was allowed to remain at home and in the care after her first child died, when it was obvious she'd been killed?

slipperywhensparticus Fri 02-Aug-19 16:55:45

Was it obvious though? Or were they still investigating?

HollowTalk Fri 02-Aug-19 16:57:26

They said she died from having her airways blocked. I don't know what reason the woman gave for that. It's just horrific that she then went on to kill the other child. I can't imagine how anyone could do that.

marcopront Fri 02-Aug-19 17:01:13

Does anyone know why the father didn't see the girls? There seems to be a lot of background missing.

BitOfFun Fri 02-Aug-19 17:04:04

There's got to be some sort of faulty wiring in the brain to be that utilitarian and lacking in normal feelings of protectiveness towards young children. She might not be sick, she might not be sorry, but she can't be the full shilling.

danmthatonestakentryanotheer Fri 02-Aug-19 17:49:08

Maybe..and this is just a thought so don't hate me, the father was prevented from seeing the children by the SS because the mother had blamed him for any bruising or worrying behaviour shown by the children. I doubt we will ever know the circumstances or why he didn't see them...it might just be because he couldn't be bothered though.

Iwantacookie Fri 02-Aug-19 17:53:36

I'm sure I read somewhere ss said the father wasn't allowed to see his daughter's.
Still so very sad 2 beautiful little girls gone too soon.

sheshootssheimplores Fri 02-Aug-19 18:04:45

I also clocked the comment from the father who is probably a complete waste of space like the mother 🙄

I agree that she had lots of options open to her if she felt she couldn’t cope with the girls. She will get a massive amount of grief from the other women in prison.

Crispmonster123 Fri 02-Aug-19 18:09:44

Her life will be hell in prison and I’m glad

Bourbonbiccy Fri 02-Aug-19 18:10:39

Absolutely heart wrenching. I read someone described her as behaving like someone who had lost a goldfish, chatting up a security guard at the hospital while her child was in the hospitals dying.
I know you can never really believe what's in the papers, but that really upset me.

HollowTalk Fri 02-Aug-19 18:16:57

She was taking topless shots of herself when her daughter was in hospital and she added 41 friends on a dating site the day after her daughter died.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »