Talk

Advanced search

Nazanin Zagari Ratcliffe

(9 Posts)
Noeuf Tue 18-Jun-19 08:06:30

Her husband is holding a hunger strike outside the Iranian embassy with her own in Iran. If anyone is local and interested they are asking people to sign the visitor book and a petition. You can follow on Facebook. I just wanted to raise awareness - no personal link whatsoever it's just such a sad case.

DippyAvocado Tue 18-Jun-19 08:08:50

Thanks, I am.not local but will follow on FB.

Noeuf Tue 18-Jun-19 08:21:05

It's the Free Nazanin page and has a link to the petition

bookworm14 Tue 18-Jun-19 08:23:43

I went down to the embassy yesterday as it’s fairly near my work. Richard Ratcliffe needs all the support he can get - if you’re local do go along to show solidarity.

JuneSpencer100 Tue 18-Jun-19 08:31:26

It's an absolutely heatbreaking state of affairs for that family.

dottiedodah Tue 18-Jun-19 08:36:53

Feel so sorry for Nazanin and her husband ,he has been so supportive of her,and must miss his daughter dreadfully as well .Last year I thought she would be freed ,but was only out for a few days ,then had to go back inside .Truly heartbreaking .

Noeuf Tue 18-Jun-19 10:09:42

@bookworm14 what did you do when you went? I'm about two hours away.
I feel so sorry for this family.

JuneSpencer100 Tue 18-Jun-19 10:12:44

There was a man on R4 yesterday saying Nazanin will not be released until Britain drops its imperialistic ways. God I hope he's wrong.

bookworm14 Tue 18-Jun-19 10:50:12

Noeuf I just popped along and introduced myself to Richard, said some kind words and signed the visitor’s book. I wouldn’t make a special trip into London unless some larger demonstration or other event is planned. You can send messages of support via Twitter as well.

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »