loader

Talk

Advanced search

NIMBY Neighbours

(14 Posts)
Pixiefish Tue 24-Jul-07 16:42:01

ve you seen this news story here

PrettyCandles Tue 24-Jul-07 16:46:37

Oh FGS! Even if you disagree with the war, what on earth makes it reasonable to stop families visiting their relatives in hospital. They're hardly likely to be having raucous parties at 2am!

And that terrorism statement is rank cowardice. Never let fear of terrorism dictate your life - otherwise they have won.

lou33 Tue 24-Jul-07 16:51:41

I think thats shocking

My exbf was at headley court for rehab after spinal surgery

Am actually lost for words

wheresthehamster Tue 24-Jul-07 16:56:08

If Headley Court itself is a potential terrorist target then maybe the residents think they have a point, otherwise they are being rather mean and small-minded.

FCH Tue 24-Jul-07 17:19:17

I put a thread in Forces Sweethearts about this yesterday with a link to the Downing Street petition if anyone is interested here

wannaBe Tue 24-Jul-07 17:33:15

This is appauling. "wheelchairs would be a fire hazzard" what a load of bigots.

Not surprised no-one was available for comment - would you want to put your name to that?

urmaducm Tue 24-Jul-07 17:48:29

they are so up their own arxxe

Pixiefish Tue 24-Jul-07 17:56:23

I'm sorry FCH- didn't realise you'd done that. Have signed the petition

theman Tue 24-Jul-07 17:59:32

would you be happy if the house beside you went from a one family residential house to a year round hostel/guest house style accomodation?
can't say i would.

Pixiefish Tue 24-Jul-07 18:02:45

tbh it wouldn't bother me if it was families of people who had risked their lives for our country and were ill. My guess is that they weon't be at the house much anyway as they'd be at the hospital as much as they could be.

I'd be far more bothered about having something like a bail hostel or something next door- now that I would complain about but not these people- the families of heroes

theman Tue 24-Jul-07 18:06:16

i don't put much stock in what they are doing, so they aren't heroes in my eyes. i have nothing against them either though, this isn't an anti-war issue. just simply that i wouldn't want to see a residential house beside me turn into a form of guest house for multiple family members.

VoldemortrepentsandmarriesLuna Tue 24-Jul-07 18:06:44

"would you be happy if the house beside you went from a one family residential house to a year round hostel/guest house style accomodation?"

Can't say I'd be bothered to be honest.

What is it with these objectors? Visiting relatives are known for their wild and raucous ways

Jesus

Pixiefish Tue 24-Jul-07 18:09:23

ah well, let's hope you never need the army, raf or navy then theman.

Whatever your feelings about a particular war the armed forces are about a hell of a lot more than that.

Don't really want to get into a discussion about it though as there has been before and a lot of people got upset. If you agree with it don't sign the petition, if you disagree with it and think the MOD should be allowed to use this house in this way then sign it.

Spose some poeple would prefer this

theman Tue 24-Jul-07 23:18:47

"ah well, let's hope you never need the army, raf or navy then theman."

i didn't say they weren't needed or that they were unecessary. i simply said they aren't heroes in my eyes. they are state employees who sign up for the dangers of their jobs. i would feel exactly the same about a guest house for relatives of nurses or bus drivers.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now