Talk

Advanced search

Shit shower of a government........it's depressing.

(8 Posts)
shadypines Sun 09-Jun-19 21:02:49

Gove and co taking cocaine etc. Not only fully grown adults, fully grown adults who want to run the country. Fully grown adults that want to make the laws of the land and make extremely important decisions on behalf of us all. Fully grown adults that want to represent Great Britain on the world stage.

FFS we are all doomed.

cdtaylornats Sun 09-Jun-19 21:52:06

Yes fully grown - not the 20 something that tried coke.

At least he hasn't been cuddling up to terrorists

NeverPutAWetFootInABirkenstock Sun 09-Jun-19 22:15:14

90s journo taking coke? Surely some mistake? grin

Monsterinmypocket Mon 10-Jun-19 09:27:58

Politicians taking drugs? Why are you so surprised? It's not salt in the salt mill at these posh dinners....

It explains quite a lot of the arrogance, laziness and delusion of these politicians to be honest, and there is hope that they might be able to do their job properly if they stay sober for 5 mins.

I think this clip of George Osbourne says it all really:
m.youtube.com/watch?v=RCzDpNSk6dg

shadypines Mon 10-Jun-19 19:37:00

I didn't say I was surprised, I said I was depressed. I assumed there might be some politicians who have an ounce of both common sense and a few standards.....

If we are to assume all politicians are taking drugs then it's even more depressing than I first thought. Lets just give up now and tell Europe and America then can do whatever they want with us as our politicians won't be able to make sense of it anyway FFS.

Makes you wonder why the current school curriculum seems to bang on about it year in year out. Only the other day DD 17yrs came home from college to report, 'they've been teaching us about drugs...again' as if she's sick to the back teeth of it. Talk about preparing them for the big wide world...

dadshere Mon 10-Jun-19 19:42:53

Not one of the candidates for the Tory leadership and by default leader of our country is fit for the job. We need a General Election and a bloody good clear out of these politicians. We need to have more people willing to run as independents.

cdtaylornats Mon 10-Jun-19 20:40:20

And how do form a government of independents?

Stravapalava Mon 10-Jun-19 22:55:16

Trouble is, I don't think there's anyone I'd want to vote for in a GE either. Plus my constituency is so entrenched in one party, that same candidate would probably win anyway and then you're back to square one...

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »