Talk

Advanced search

Judith Kerr had died

(5 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Thu 23-May-19 10:51:46

Oh no sad thank you for the tiger, it is the one book that takes me straight back to my own childhood and I can remember how I felt as my parents read it to me. I read it to my own children and hope to read it to my grandchildren one day.

PeoniesarePink Thu 23-May-19 10:53:59

I've read it to both my children and now my grandchildren. Such a wonderful book.

95 is a good innings though. May she rest in peace flowers

Ladymargarethall Thu 23-May-19 15:03:02

When Hitler Stole Pink Rabbit and the other two books in the trilogy, about what happened to her family after they left Germany is incredible.

MrsTerryPratchett Thu 23-May-19 15:07:44

I could probably recite that book from memory. So much joy to so many children. RIP flowers

SisterFarAway Thu 23-May-19 15:25:38

I (had to) read "When Hitler stole the the Pink Rabbit" in secondary school and then read the two subsequent books. I didn't know she'd also written and illustrated children's books until I moved to the UK.

Last year, the German School in London had an event with her and Axel Scheffler and it was such an interesting evening. A charming, lovely and funny woman who had the whole place laughing. I then bought the Tiger who came to Tea for my niece which came with a signed sticker. Added the German version of the book and gave both of them to my niece for her Birthday.

May she rest in piece

Join the discussion

Registering is free, quick, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Get started »