Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

So, tell me, hows Gordon doing in his new job?

(13 Posts)
meowmix Tue 17-Jul-07 11:02:14

Whats the verdict on the new PM thus far? Being expat I only get CNN (Gordon Who?), BBC World (meanwhile in Japan) and Al Jazeera (bit busy with other news at the moment).

Whats the mumsnet consensus?

meowmix Wed 18-Jul-07 10:29:45

what? no one has an opinion at all? this can't be mumsnet....

elesbells Wed 18-Jul-07 10:32:36

i think his stance on the russian situation was superb. take no shit and i like it. <<puts on hard hat and thanks mmix for making me post>>

binkleandflip Wed 18-Jul-07 10:33:32

gordon who?

bundle Wed 18-Jul-07 10:33:34

well he's still there.

which is more than can be said of gorgeous george

meowmix Wed 18-Jul-07 10:35:00

heh elesbells I just wnated to draw you into theline of fire

(actually I'm coming home in 2 weeks and don't want to appear completely out of the loop).

binkleandflip Wed 18-Jul-07 10:40:35

i think george galloway is potentially a very dangerous man you know

meowmix Wed 18-Jul-07 10:43:40

He's quite liked over here. Bizarrely. I guess its because they don't screen celebrity big brother in the Gulf.

[nods intelligently as if has just made telling political point]

elesbells Wed 18-Jul-07 10:46:45

pmsl at george galloway. at least old gordie didnt have to call bush for approval before he expelled the russian diplomats...so it seems we are making progress

BrummieOnTheRun Wed 18-Jul-07 10:51:09

Gordon's had 10 years to make the lives of working parents easier, and now we're borderline buggered he thinks we're going to develop amnesia?

I don't care what he announces, it's too late. Watching Cameron and Nick Clegg with purely selfish interest. (Oh and Paddy Pantsdown, but that's for totally different reasons )

meowmix Wed 18-Jul-07 10:56:00

Brummie! You wouldnt! Pantsdown? no, surely you jest

BrummieOnTheRun Wed 18-Jul-07 11:15:45

Come on! Admit it! He's got a certain je ne sais quoi, non? And getting better as he gets older

suzycreamcheese Wed 18-Jul-07 11:16:34

i cant stand the way they are trying to make out its a new government! ffs

i think Groden will have a load on with the metronet collapse on london underground (he personally pushed this ppp horror through)

he will be left to sort out the huge problems..wars..housing....created in Tony's time and that he should have had the balls to stand up to at the time....

should be interesting at least!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now