Talk

Advanced search

Parents say 'We just want him out'

(11 Posts)
Chirpygirl Fri 13-Jul-07 09:51:40

Vigilantes
Not really sure what to say, or even if I should post this, but it's front page news round here.

nailpolish Fri 13-Jul-07 10:01:37

its a bit weird he had an appt at the school

coppertop Fri 13-Jul-07 10:09:41

The article says "alleged sex offender". Surely the parents didn't get the pitchforks out just because the man arrived early for an appointment at the school??? Very odd story IMO.

Chirpygirl Fri 13-Jul-07 10:10:42

I thought that was odd as well, what reason could he have had to go onto the premises? And who told the parents.

Chirpygirl Fri 13-Jul-07 10:12:09

The whole thing's a bit odd, they are camped outside his house, even though he isn't there. Lots of painted placards and organisation for an impromptu protest as well.

Piffle Fri 13-Jul-07 10:12:15

ah the baying crowds, drivign him underground
Nice call...
<sigh>

Chirpygirl Fri 13-Jul-07 10:18:57

Well exactly Piffle, he has been told to stay away but surely it's safer to avoid and know where suspected offenders are than have them 'in hiding' somewhere unknown.

Where I grew up there is a man who most people are aware of who is a convincted sex offender who has served time, people don't bother him but all the kids know him and to keep well clear, a much more sensible approach. Can't be nice for him, but hey-ho.

theman Fri 13-Jul-07 12:38:56

"The article says "alleged sex offender". Surely the parents didn't get the pitchforks out just because the man arrived early for an appointment at the school??? "

sorry but have you been around in soceity for the last decade or so? thanks to tabloid crap like the sun and sky news it doesn't matter if someone is guilty or not to provoke ignorant scumbags into vigilante action,only that accusing them makes a good headline. once there is a whisper of a rape allegation or paedophilia innocence or guilt go out the window. think john leslie,think michael jackson, think that "pediatrician (spelling?)" who was hounded out of her area by thugs who thought that meant she molested children. in todays tabloid soceity mud sticks.

Chirpygirl Fri 13-Jul-07 14:00:27

'sorry but have you been around in soceity for the last decade or so? '

Um, well, yes I have, and this is my point...it's the fact that tabloid journalism has got society all hysterical about things like this whereas years ago it was just as widespread but dealt with in a much calmer manner IMO.

OrmIrian Fri 13-Jul-07 14:09:31

Why do the police pander to them. I wish they would just say 'look, shut up, mind your own bloody business and leave us to get on with ours. Statistics show your kids are more likely to be hurt by someone close to them." But I don't suppose they will.

OrmIrian Fri 13-Jul-07 14:09:31

Why do the police pander to them. I wish they would just say 'look, shut up, mind your own bloody business and leave us to get on with ours. Statistics show your kids are more likely to be hurt by someone close to them." But I don't suppose they will.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now