Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Something to put a smile on your face (and a tear in your eye)

(16 Posts)
WendyWeber Thu 12-Jul-07 09:07:34

It's only a sodding car but what a lovely lot of people. And the interweb comes up trumps again. Ahhhhh.

LittleLupin Thu 12-Jul-07 09:13:14

You big soppy <wipes eyes>

sockmonkey Thu 12-Jul-07 09:20:14

Aww, that's just lovely

filchthemildmanneredjanitor Thu 12-Jul-07 09:21:17

no-sorry that does nothing for me at all.

escape Thu 12-Jul-07 09:24:26

couldn't have donated the money to some kind of stroke rehabilitation charity instead - a lovely thought, but why can't people put their time and money into something more generally meaningful?

Miaou Thu 12-Jul-07 09:26:23

Awwww ... see it's not just MNers who will go the extra mile

Dh and I were talking about this the other day - RL communities are fragmenting and people are becoming more isolated from each other - but virtual communities are forging strong bonds then this spills over into RL in situations like this. It's very interesting.

KezzaG Thu 12-Jul-07 09:42:45

I thought this was lovely, was just about to start a thread about it myself. Loved it that he cried like a baby when he saw it.

Loobyloo22 Thu 12-Jul-07 10:02:43

OK if you had told me this morningin that I woulod be crying at an article about a car I would have thought 'yeah right'.. as it turns out... sniff sniff. How lovely! There should be a news site that is dedicated purely to 'good news'.

HedTwigg Thu 12-Jul-07 10:06:13

oh sob <sniff>

its Carsnet.com isn't it?

HedTwigg Thu 12-Jul-07 10:07:26

escape ... I think you're wrong .. its a lovely gesture to cheer an individual up .. not everything has to be for the greater good .. I think this is far nicer in its own way

lurkylou Thu 12-Jul-07 10:18:43

The 'greater good' is that all these people took the step to help a total stranger and as Miaou says in our RL isolated world this is a great step in forging the bonds that our communities used to have.

Having helped one total stranger I'm sure they will all go on to help others - the ripple effect could be amazing!!

slowreader Thu 12-Jul-07 10:51:32

Couldn't help thinking that perhaps he was enjoying fixing up his car...

WendyWeber Thu 12-Jul-07 11:05:01

Yes, he probably was, sr - good point - but from the description of his condition (and looking at the size of him in the pics) I can't help feeling he would have really struggled.

I suppose he could buy another restoration project if he really wanted to keep doing it himself?

sockmonkey Thu 12-Jul-07 11:40:32

I'm sure his wife would have said something if she thought her DH wanted to finish on his own.
I still think it is a lovely gesture.

TranquilaManana Thu 12-Jul-07 11:44:44

i fink thats lovely.
really really lovely.
gawd blemm em all.

escape Thu 12-Jul-07 15:48:18

Twigg,
I was in a blinder of amood this morning when I posted - yer all right..
it's lovely Gawd bless 'em

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now