loader

Talk

Advanced search

friends of the mccanns are being questioned as part of the investigation

(37 Posts)
furReal Wed 11-Jul-07 20:01:59

here

TaylorsMummy Wed 11-Jul-07 20:27:04

i have such a bad feeling about this case.if it was murat who took madeleine,he has covered his tracks very well.just want some sort of end to this misery for them now.

furReal Wed 11-Jul-07 20:29:21

and what about if the friends were involved?

SlightlyMadSpider Wed 11-Jul-07 20:30:46

And what if they just want to clarify witness staements?

HufflepuffCushion Wed 11-Jul-07 20:30:49

"There is no suggestion they had anything to do with Madeleine´s disappearance but it is understood they were asked to go over their accounts of the events on the night Madeleine went missing.".

The above is a direct quote from the article you linked to.

Hulababy Wed 11-Jul-07 20:33:34

I suspect it is just to make sure all the witness statements, etc. are accurate and as detailed as possible. It is not unusual for people to be called in to clarify details on their statements. Doesn't have to mean they are suspected of being involved in the disappearance.

furReal Wed 11-Jul-07 20:34:36

There's no suggestion they didn't have anything to do with it either. In fact the Portuguese police say very little so actually we don't know do we?

Hulababy Wed 11-Jul-07 20:35:19

No we don't. So really there is NO news, nothing more to say really is there?

HufflepuffCushion Wed 11-Jul-07 20:36:24

Precisely!
So to speculate is completely pointless, isn't it?
And a little ghoulish, imo.

TaylorsMummy Wed 11-Jul-07 20:37:20

one of the women is probably the one that saw the bloke carrying a little girl away,i would think? and murat was apparently brought in cos he had said he wasn't there on the first night but some witnesses put him there.i think that's right.so they are probably just going over statements again.

oliveoil Wed 11-Jul-07 20:38:38

yes

going over and over and over the same details

over and over and over again

sound familiar?

SlightlyMadSpider Wed 11-Jul-07 20:39:21

The article suggests that the woman who saw the girl being carried is unamed and hasn't been called back

lulumama Wed 11-Jul-07 20:39:38

<<clasp your norks , ladies, clasp them tight>>>

oliveoil Wed 11-Jul-07 20:40:34

oh yes

<clasps and leaves sharpish>

HufflepuffCushion Wed 11-Jul-07 20:41:31

<<remembers>>
Thanks for the reminder, Lulu.
Got sucked in for a while.

furReal Wed 11-Jul-07 20:43:46

I find it odd is all. I find it strange that the woman who apparently saw the abductor carrying Madeleine hasn't been called back to go over a statement and yet three others have been re-interviewed.

But then I have said from the very beginning that I think that whoever took Madeleine is known to the family so it just doesn't surprise me that friends of the family are being interviewed.

mozhe Wed 11-Jul-07 21:12:16

Why are you going over and over this poor family's misery YET again......it's sinister..<< leaves firmly clasping slightly sore postnatal norks>>

TaylorsMummy Thu 12-Jul-07 11:14:01

murat was interviewed for a second day yesterday at same time as the friends.paper suggests this was delibrate and that they may have been asked to identify him.apparently an email was found on his computer about an english child,which is why he's been brought back in.

Nbg Thu 12-Jul-07 11:16:36

ffs

oliveoil Thu 12-Jul-07 11:17:41

<agog>

TaylorsMummy Thu 12-Jul-07 11:21:55

problem?

LaCerbiatta Thu 12-Jul-07 13:13:36

Apparently, Murat had to testify in front of the McCAans friends because their stories don't match. He claims he didn't leave the house the night she was kidnapped and they claim they saw him. According to portuguese law when there's a contradiction they must testify in front of each other

GreengottsTheGoblinBank Thu 12-Jul-07 13:15:35

"i have such a bad feeling about this case"

You sound like some tawdry TV psychic

Stop grubbing in the dirt and go and find something constructive to do. We're all sick of seeing this sort of crap.

doughnuts Thu 12-Jul-07 13:22:03

agree - let's leave it alone ghouls

wannaBe Thu 12-Jul-07 13:46:55

But this is all wild media speculation. The “email talking of an English child” found on Murat’s computer/the thinking that the friends were brought back for a chance encounter with Murat to see if they recognized him from the night in question/the talk of “imminent arrests”, none of that has actually been confirmed by the police, so it’s just speculation by the media to whip up the public into another frenzy about Robert Murat, to prove his guilt once and for all.

The media want nothing more than for Robert Murat to be charged with the abduction of Madeleine Mccann, after all was it not a journalist who first alerted the police of her suspicions? If Robert Murat is found to be guilty, you can bet that the mirror will be full of it, and the journalist who first spoke to the police will be haled a hero, the one without whom, “maddy”’s abductor may never have been caught.

Only Robert Murat hasn’t been found guilty has he? In fact Robert Murat hasn’t even been charged with a crime yet. But because the media are so desperate, they have to point out that he’s been interviewed, again. And that friends of the Mccanns have been over to identify him, as if they couldn’t have done that from the myriad of newspapers that have printed his picture, it’s not as if they’d have to go to Portugal to identify Robert murat, they could do it from the sky news website.

And does it really matter if “arrests are imminent”? Madeleine hasn’t been found has she? So what does it matter if someone is arrested, or not, unless it leads to the answers as to what has happened to her, which, tod date, it hasn’t.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now