Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Muslim Protest

(6 Posts)
SueBaroo Sat 07-Jul-07 12:21:14

I mentioned in a thread the other day that I would really like to see a big muslim march saying 'terrorism - not in my name'.

I thought it only fair to highlight that just that is happening today in Scotland, especially as it's probably going to be over-looked because of all the live-earth coverage. A very big good-on-them.

SpeccieSeccie Sat 07-Jul-07 12:28:19

Thanks for the link. Agree with the big good-on-them.

DaddyJ Sun 08-Jul-07 22:24:09

Certainly worth bumping.

I found this related comment interesting, too.

PussinJimmyChoos Sun 08-Jul-07 22:39:28

I found this part a bit annoying though:

"They should, in their own best interests, stop protesting against writers and artists they disagree with and let them be"

I'm an English convert from a white, English family....why shouldn't I be able to protest about writers and artists I disagree with? Black people protest against racisim, the portrayal of black people as drug dealers etc in the media or any literature that is deemed to be racist - why shouldn't I?? Why is it in my best interests to not protest if I want too...

Makes me laugh really, we talk about freedom of speech and an open society.....I don't think we have that in reality!

DaddyJ Mon 09-Jul-07 08:54:24

Good point.

I presume what she meant was:
'do not make death threats against artists
and writers who you disagree with'

PussinJimmyChoos Mon 09-Jul-07 21:03:30

Ahh....well of course, the death threats are a total no no - totally wrong and give other Muslims such a bad name! I was thinking more along the lines of protest in general....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now