Talk

Advanced search

McCanns 'Refuse To See Theorist'

(21 Posts)
Wolfgirl Thu 28-Jun-07 10:38:00

Here....

I dont understand! what are the McCanns being advised. Why wont they speak to him! Is if fear that Madeleine could actually be with a bunch of pedo's - and they are shutting their minds to such thoughts!

If they saw him in the company of other officials, that would be OK, wouldnt it. <<shakes head in wonderment>> - I thought Gerry said we will leave no stone unturned. Well they turning this stone over - are they!

oliveoil Thu 28-Jun-07 10:39:50

I think you are obsessed tbh

give it a rest, how do you know what they are thinking and feeling fgs?

<<shakes head in wonderment>>

LucyJones Thu 28-Jun-07 10:40:05

Why can't you just accept the fact that the Portugese police and the McCanns know what they are doing?

SconesandMajesticSandwiches Thu 28-Jun-07 10:40:23

I am sure they get loads of people saying they want to see them directly as they have info. Most of them just don't go public when they are turned down.

He has given the info to the police. It is them he needs to see.

Hulababy Thu 28-Jun-07 10:40:45

If he claims to know who has her why can he not just tell the police officials? Why does he have to speak to the McCanns? If he is credible then he can pass that information on to the people who need to know - the experts - and they can act upon it.

They can't just meet up with every individual who claims to know where their chidl is?

allgonebellyup Thu 28-Jun-07 10:41:06

this bloke could be total freak,and a waste of time

Wolfgirl you are obsessed.

filthylucre Thu 28-Jun-07 10:42:04

stop starting these ugly little threads fgs!

SSSandy2 Thu 28-Jun-07 10:48:30

I could imagine it would be extremely painful for the dp to meet with this journalist and discuss what he knows about an extremely cold person who kidnaps dc for specific purposes, as well as any more in-depth knowledge that the journalist has of these groups and how they work. I imagine that is the possiblity they want to thrust as far away from them as they can for as long as possible and what could they do if they had all the information this man could give them?

GameGirly Thu 28-Jun-07 10:49:51

Seems to me there are quite a few "theorists" on MN ...

Lizzylou Thu 28-Jun-07 10:52:17

They must have had so many people with "information" wanting to meet with them, purely to bask in their limelight/grief, very ghoulish. Why does he need to meet with them anyway, just tell the authorities?

Wolfgirl, you are in no position to judge their actions, we have no idea what is really going on with the investigation.

TaylorsMummy Thu 28-Jun-07 10:58:27

i don't understand this bloke.if he knows who's got her then why the hell has it taken him so long to come forward??

and 'alive and well' sorry but i would hardly call her 'well' if she has been kept by a paeodophile ring since the beginning of May

expatinscotland Thu 28-Jun-07 10:59:54

And also if he knows exactly who it is then why didn't he report it when she went missing?

Sounds like a nutcase.

SoupDragon Thu 28-Jun-07 11:03:22

Why should they speak to him?? It's a job for the police!

SoupDragon Thu 28-Jun-07 11:04:22

Anyway,they aren't leaving the stone unturned, the man handed his "evidence" to the police. Leave the McCanns alone.

mumto3girls Thu 28-Jun-07 11:07:39

Do you not think that if they gave the time of day to anyone and everyone that professed to know stuff ( yet couldn't just give it to the police..) then their heads would explode with the stress...would you want every weirdo who wants to grab the headlines filling your head with terrible stories?

The police's job is also to protect the mccanns by 'filtering' these people and only ever presenting someone who might have real info.

colander Thu 28-Jun-07 11:16:57

Wolfgirl, it is absolutely none of your business.

TaylorsMummy Thu 28-Jun-07 11:19:51

i don't think i would want to see someone who was determind to tell me that they knew who had been holding my baby captive for so long and abusing her sorry but i'd have to do him some damage. if he knew he should have bloody acted on it.

what the hell does he expect the McCanns to do? thank him for telling them? they can't bear to think of what could be happy to their baby, they don't need some tosser telling them he knows it

ViciousSquirrelSpotter Thu 28-Jun-07 11:22:35

You are a loony

Why the fuck should they speak to some attention seeking nutter?

He's spoken to the police, if what he's got to say has any value, they will investigate it. The McCann's are not investigators and no practical purpose would be served by them meeting him, except to provide ghoulish members of the public with another episode to this dreadful story.

Mind you, I suppose them not meeting him will do just as well as a story for ghouls.

layman Thu 28-Jun-07 13:48:02

Wolfgirl, this man has said he knew who took Madeleine weeks ago.

Then why the feck hasn't he told the police and put these people out of their misery?

Because he is an attention seeker, a hoaxer, a feckin nutter, a warped meedja scumbag.

Good on the McCanns for ignoring him.

flips sake

pooka Thu 28-Jun-07 13:54:39

How dare you suggest that by refusing to personally meet this man (who has also been seen by the police) the McCanns are in some way letting down their daughter - leaving stones turned.

If the guy is legit, the police should be his first point of call.

Who on earth are you to criticise what the McCanns are doing to try and find madeleine.

donnie Thu 28-Jun-07 13:58:57

I agree - you are totally obsessed wolfgirl. You are forever starting pointless threads about this topic. You seem to think you have more insight into it than the police or the child's parents. Just go and have a drink for Christ's sake and leave it alone. enough already.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now