Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Boscastle

(7 Posts)
newlifenewname Thu 21-Jun-07 20:50:17

BBC News 24 newscasters are just soooo willing that river to burst its' banks aren't they?

"Oooh, Ooooh! New photos of Boscastle viewers, river looking swollen there, will it won't it? Poor Boscastle feckers" (misquoted)

quadrophenia Thu 21-Jun-07 20:51:34

I haven't seen the news but I take it they are covering it because the river is high then?

tiredemma Thu 21-Jun-07 20:52:08

I bet they have a 'Boscastle' corredespondant there, just ready to report pronto. Like they do in the Gaza strip and Baghdad.

LucyJones Thu 21-Jun-07 20:52:25

News 24 really dumbing down. Hate the stream of headlines along the bottom constantly, find it really distracting

lucykate Thu 21-Jun-07 20:56:38

we went on holiday to crackington haven, 5 miles north of boscastle, 5 days after the flooding happened so saw a lot of the damage for ourselves. i'm sure/hope precautions have been built to stop it from happening again.

we saw houses with about 6" of mud on the inside of the upstairs window sills

Whizzz Thu 21-Jun-07 20:58:39

I love Boscastle - hopefully they have sorted the river this time

newlifenewname Thu 21-Jun-07 21:01:37

Well, precisely lucykate. The measures seem to be holding up so they are wasting their time, I feel, trying to get thrills out of this one.

Even the blardy weather person is wetting himself <snigger> with excitement.

The usual green for heavy rain on the satellite pics is now being described as 'livid'.

Feck me the excitement of it!

Actually what pees me off (sorry, wasn't even trying there) is the fact that flooding is at best misery making and at worst life threatening so I object to the thrill seeking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now