Talk

Advanced search

Are you a Pyjama Mummy?

(70 Posts)
Lilymaid Fri 08-Jun-07 13:45:20

I don't know why some of you complain about mums dressing up to collect DCs from school. You need to go to Belfast

mumto3girls Fri 08-Jun-07 13:48:49

That is funny!

coppertop Fri 08-Jun-07 13:49:01

LOL at that story!

ninja Fri 08-Jun-07 13:49:21

Are you sure this wasn't written on April 1st? I am sometimes seen in my garden in my pyjamas - but then I feel I havr to apologise and find a reasonable excuse.
I have to go over and see this

BishyBarneyBee Fri 08-Jun-07 13:50:17

what about the mums who sleep naked?

great link

Darciesmum Fri 08-Jun-07 13:51:15

lol

goingfor3 Fri 08-Jun-07 13:51:54

I bet they wear different pyjamas for going out and going to bed. Silk is for best!

brimfull Fri 08-Jun-07 13:53:50

pmsl
I couldn't leave the house in my pjs but the idea is somewhat appealing.

PinkTulips Fri 08-Jun-07 13:53:53

they do it down in tipp too.

mil is always on about how they 'have no self respect' and are 'lazy' this from the woman who doesn't arise from bed til 2pm most days! at least they're up even if they're not dressed

nearlythere Fri 08-Jun-07 13:55:12

he he, i am in fact sitting in my office in what some people would describe as pyjamas!!

BUT in my defence, i am v. poorly and they aren't actually pj's as i don't wear any, but are yoga pants and a top which look like pj's!

Desiderata Fri 08-Jun-07 13:58:14

Farking hilarious

<Walks off with calculator in hand trying to establish the fiscal feasibility of opening a pyjama shop in Belfast>

Nbg Fri 08-Jun-07 13:59:02

I need to move there.
I'd fit in very well.

PrettyCandles Fri 08-Jun-07 13:59:45

When we were househunting we seriously considered a house literally across the road from the school gate. Had we bought it I would probably have run late everyday and ended up running across the road in my pjs to chuck ds1 into school as the bell went. But there'd be nothing glam about my baggy T-shirt!

LynetteScavo Fri 08-Jun-07 13:59:54

I would really love to be so relaxed as to take DC's to school in pj's & Crocs. I don't feel right if I havent had a shower, brushed my teeth and am wearing a bra though, so I may as well pull on some jeans and a t-shirt.

I was considering buying some of The White Companys 'lounge wear' for Sundays, as the DC's gove me greif about not getting dressed until lunch time.

And Why are they known as 'Millies'?

twinsetandpearls Fri 08-Jun-07 14:00:12

I get in my pyjamas as soon as I enter the house and have on accoasion had half my pyjamas on when dropping dd at school.

NoodleStroodle Fri 08-Jun-07 14:01:39

Done it several times.
When I did at DD pre-prep I would also put on baseball cap coz scuzzy hair and sunglasses when bright out. One woman asked my BF if I was someone famous! Ha!

ViciousSquirrelSpotter Fri 08-Jun-07 14:01:58

Oh ROFL at this

How uptight is that head? Wouldn't it be a lot worse if they were dressed in Yootha Joyce frilly negligee's?

I bet you they're all made up though

ChippyMinton Fri 08-Jun-07 14:04:33

at this. I've only seen one mum in what i took to be satin PJ trousers, but she was also wwearing a black suit jacket and high heels

Can anyone find a picture?

themoon66 Fri 08-Jun-07 14:28:23

Oooh I've done school runs in pyjamas when DCs were at primary. It was a 16 mile round trip in the car and I used to just pull trackie bottoms and a big jacket over them. I didn't drive in slippers though... used to swap them for wellies

God I must have looked bloody gorgeous!

Idreamofdaleks Fri 08-Jun-07 16:17:44

Cue thread for tips on looking less well groomed

suedonim Fri 08-Jun-07 16:29:58

Lol at that article!! 19yo dd1 was recently tricked by her boyfriend into going round the supermarket in her bunny print pyjamas and slippers. She didn't get as many weird looks as she'd expected. And no, we're not in Belfast.

2mum Fri 08-Jun-07 16:56:40

I suppose its one of them things where a few people do it and everyone copies it. Ive no problem with it, its quite funny id maybe be tempted to try it if parents at my kids school did it. But i can also see the headmasters point of view. It did give me a laugh though!

2mum Fri 08-Jun-07 16:58:11

@ pyjama mamas and millies!

Marne Fri 08-Jun-07 17:01:12

Lo, we were talking about this at work, i would rather see people in pj's taking their kids to school than mums wearing mini skirts with there asses hanging out

Nothing wrong with pj's, they cost too much to be only worn in the house

SSSandy2 Sat 09-Jun-07 10:27:44

LOl at All Day Pyjama Syndrome (!)

But FGS if you take the time to put on big golden budgie hoops and scrape your hair back off your face with a scrunchie, why can't you pull on a tshirt and a pair of jeans?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now