Advanced search

Rex Tilerson replaced by CIA Director. WTF??

(6 Posts)
drivinmecrazy Tue 13-Mar-18 13:12:01

So as the title says Rex has been replaced.
I'm not a believer in conspiracy thepriest but...
Trump's press lady refused to be drawn on Russian participation in the Wiltshire attack. In the early hours this morning Rex gave a press conference tentatively supporting May and the UK in our belief of who was behind the use of nerve agents on our soil.
Suddenly he's gone?
Is Trump not even now trying to hide his support of Russia?
More than happy to be told I'm adding two plus two and coming up with nonsense but it's all getting a little bit strange to me!!

alwaysthepessimist Tue 13-Mar-18 13:13:29

I am with you on this is very odd....

StarbucksSmarterSister Tue 13-Mar-18 13:26:16

Ten minutes ago I was reading an article which said that Tillerson had broken ranks with the White House about Russian involvement in the nerve agent incident and thought to myself "I wonder if he'll sack him now " and then bingo!

I know there's been talk for a while that RT would get the push but seriously, apart from the Russian angle, does Trump have anyone remotely competent working for him now? Half the posts in the Government are empty.

drivinmecrazy Tue 13-Mar-18 13:39:27

Well, at least Trump is honest in his latest statement saying how Rex is a 'good guy' but just didn't see things the same way.
Also loved how Trump said if May said it was the Russians then that must be true.
He's stopped way short of saying it's what he believes has actually happened.

StarbucksSmarterSister Tue 13-Mar-18 17:02:56

Apparently Tillerson only found out when Trump tweeted it. What a piece of work he is.

milliesmaller Sun 18-Mar-18 16:04:21

Halfway through the Presidency and the White House is still trying to get organised!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now