Talk

Advanced search

Two little brothers killed in Coventry

(21 Posts)
eloisesparkle Fri 23-Feb-18 16:59:33

My deepest, deepest sympathy to those who loved them.
How utterly tragic.
I've just seen their happy smiling faces on the Sky app.
Life is so effing unfair.

And the stupid Daily M led with the marriage break up of two actors. Jesus wept.

MistyMinge Fri 23-Feb-18 20:41:09

I've been thinking about this a lot this evening. My two DC are similar ages. My world would be over if this was them. The pain and grief must be absolutely over whelming. How would you even begin to process it?

I hope the drink driver is given a life sentence.

Tragic beyond words. My heart goes out to the family.

Freetodowhatiwant Fri 23-Feb-18 20:43:07

I’ve been thinking about it a lot too. It’s hard not to when you read about it. There are just no words for how heartbreaking it is.

NeedingSunshine Fri 23-Feb-18 21:15:13

Also reading this with my heart breaking for the parents. They had 4 children aged between 2-8 I believe it is utterly devastating .

I cannot imagine the horror they are going through.

SmittenApril Fri 23-Feb-18 21:16:58

I too have felt such sorrow for these two little boys, on their way to the play park I believe from the bbc report.

My two are the same age also and I just can't imagine. Rest in peace little ones.

CaramelisedSalt Fri 23-Feb-18 23:01:26

It is absolutely devastating, been on my mind all day. |That poor family sad
Feel such anger towards the drivers, they have caused so much destruction and pain.

Sleep well beautiful angels flowers flowers

Adviceplease360 Fri 23-Feb-18 23:06:02

Those poor darlings, it doesn't bear thinking about, I cannot imagine what the family are going through. Rip beautiful children

BakedBeans47 Sat 24-Feb-18 00:31:05

Those beautiful sweet boys. I don’t know how you even process something like that happening. A lovely day out turned to carnage in the blink of an eye. I can barely even think about it sad

ivykaty44 Sat 24-Feb-18 23:25:03

I can’t process how those siblings are going to comprehend watching their siblings killed

It’s beyond me why any person speeds in a car or drink drives

Akire Sat 24-Feb-18 23:29:19

Yes so very sad, accident is bad enough but they were arrested on suspicion of drink driving which is a whole other level of awfulness.

Did they have siblings? It wasn’t mention on news. Least the neighbourhood seemed v close and hopefully be there to support them.

ShackUp Sat 24-Feb-18 23:30:56

I can't even think about this. My boys are 5 and 1...and the photos of those beautiful boys.

Utterly tragic

ivykaty44 Sat 24-Feb-18 23:40:08

Akire
It was a hit and run

gluteustothemaximus Sat 24-Feb-18 23:42:48

I can’t stop thinking about this either.

The most unbelievable pain known to mankind.

Too hard to get your head around, that just a few seconds before or after, and it would be different.

I despise drink driving and speeding. I hope they receive severe sentences. They’ve taken away so much.

sad

BigChocFrenzy Sat 24-Feb-18 23:52:23

Man (53) charged with driving while disqualified and without insurance
He and a woman (41) charged under joint enterprise on 2 counts of causing death by dangerous driving

Not a case of a split-second of carelessness
If the cases are proven, he knowingly broke the law when he got behind the wheel
and she participated.

Akire Sat 24-Feb-18 23:59:56

Does that mean had been drinking but not enough to be over limit? Or suspected because driving so stupidly only obvious conclusion would have been drunk?

IntelligentYetIndecisive Sun 25-Feb-18 00:04:21

Court report from the Independent. The accused was unapologetic, to say the least confused angry

ivykaty44 Sun 25-Feb-18 06:43:58

It’s about time technology prevented anyone driving without a licence, both licence, finger print and eye recognition could be used

ShackUp Sun 25-Feb-18 07:12:41

It was reported the woman attacked a bystander who tried to help at the scene.

Bakedappleflavour Sun 25-Feb-18 07:16:07

They won't get life, the max sentences for death by dangerous driving aren't very long at all. It's disgusting.

sparklefarts Sun 25-Feb-18 07:19:09

I think the max sentence is 14 years? Utterly disgusting

ivykaty44 Sun 25-Feb-18 11:07:07

5 deaths per day by motorists and most walk free, even a little girl on her scooter was killed by a motorist parking on the pavement and the driver walked free.

Many years ago I lost an old friend who was killed by a mother and son racing their cars down a road with three schools - they killed her instantly and her body was not complete, they didn’t even serve two years

People don’t recognise motoring crimes as true crimes and think policing should be directed elsewhere

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, watch threads, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now »

Already registered? Log in with: