Talk

Advanced search

Oxbridge's Lavinia Woodward to fight sentence

(8 Posts)
ButchyRestingFace Thu 07-Dec-17 18:12:10

Presumably she feels her suspended sentence wasn't harsh enough and needs looked at again? confused

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-oxfordshire-42265869

NotAgainYoda Thu 07-Dec-17 18:12:33

Oxford, surely

clippityclock Thu 07-Dec-17 22:22:41

Erm she's got bugger all chance of becoming a surgeon with a criminal record for stabbing someone!

She pleaded guilty so I'm not sure really why she is bothering to appeal a suspended sentence

McTufty Thu 07-Dec-17 22:26:29

I’m really surprised by this decision of hers. By all accounts, it was a sentence which was, if anything, on the lenient side.

ButchyRestingFace Thu 07-Dec-17 22:28:58

Oxford, surely

Natch. Cambridge would never entertain such shenanigans.

She pleaded guilty so I'm not sure really why she is bothering to appeal a suspended sentence

Judge in original sentencing said the many mitigating features (his words, not mine) had already been taken into consideration when deciding on the sentence.

This move could backfire. Her sentence could be increased on appeal and off to the clink with her.

peteneras Fri 08-Dec-17 09:19:22

I'm confused and cannot think of her end game by appealling the sentence. What she got was the barest of minimum which I think prompted a few complaints against the judge. This appeal could blow up in her face and make Oxford's decision and job much, much easier by asking her to leave permanently if the appeal resulted in a heavier sentence.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 09-Dec-17 11:06:36

It will ruin her chances of becoming a surgeon. Well id say little miss got a walk over because she's middle class has already ruined her chances of becoming a surgeon. What hospital in the right mind would let loose on someone.. Not even over my dead body would she be coming near me or mine.
If she'd have been from a working class council estate as a pose to being born with a diamonte spoon her mouth. She'd be looking at at least 5 years, and The law wonders why people get pissed off.

Awwlookatmybabyspider Sat 09-Dec-17 11:07:48

This appeal could blow up in her face.
Good I hope it does.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now