Talk

Advanced search

Donald Trump retweets Jayda Fransen (Britain First)

(59 Posts)
Highlight775 Wed 29-Nov-17 14:28:35

Posting to see what people think. My gut feeling was that his account has been hacked by someone, but now its starting to look like they were actual legitimate tweets from him. If true this is a level above his usual nonsense.

Even the usual suspects (John Paul Watson etc) have criticised his decision.

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-42166663

noblegiraffe Wed 29-Nov-17 14:36:51

If Donald Trump's twitter account does something stupid or offensive, it's not my first thought that he has been hacked.

Highlight775 Wed 29-Nov-17 14:48:05

I'd normally agree, but retweeting the UK equivalent of Richard Spencer is a new low.

OhYouBadBadKitten Wed 29-Nov-17 17:43:12

I thought he had been hacked too and I’ve been following his tweets via unfollow trump for sometime now. It’s an absolutely extraordinary thing for him to have done and I’m wondering why he did it.

What is also extraordinary is Huckabee defending him.

passemoilevin Wed 29-Nov-17 20:07:58

Really surprised there isn't more on this (unless I've missed another thread). Shocking! And the first time Downing Street have condemned Trump's actions? Finally growing a backbone, one might hope.

gingergenius Wed 29-Nov-17 20:10:42

TM said the bloody state visit is still on though! Can I throw eggs at his stupid orange face if he shows up?

MycatsaPirate Wed 29-Nov-17 20:15:27

One of Trump's lackeys have said that even though the video's he retweeted may have been fake (ie one has no muslims in it and no migrants as stated by Screechy) it doesn't detract from the fact that these things do happen.

So basically saying it's fake but it's ok. Which is just bollocks.

Right wing propaganda machine that is Britain First now have Trump as a supporter. FFS.

I bet TM says nothing to him. I bet no one says anything to him. TM thinks that DT will be her bestest friend in the whole world after Brexit and give us lots of lovely trade deals which is why the state visit will still go ahead, she will still cosy up with him and hold his hand when they are walking about and she will not publicly condemn him outright.

noblegiraffe Wed 29-Nov-17 20:15:55

He hasn't taken them down. I guess he knows his audience.

LivininaBox Wed 29-Nov-17 20:16:12

I was hoping it would be passed off as a mistake or hack once they realised who Britain First are. Obviously not. It is just unbelievable. Who needs Isis? Trump is doing their job for them.

insancerre Wed 29-Nov-17 20:18:21

Gutted
Britain first were on their arse and now they got the bloody potus as a supporter

1DAD2KIDS Wed 29-Nov-17 20:20:00

I'm wouldn't be overly suprised. Falls in line with the anti Muslim retoric previously from him and he is a tottal lose cannon on twitter. No doubt another off the cuff tweet his people will have to try clean up.

Herbcake Wed 29-Nov-17 20:21:57

I would imagine he doesn't have the slightest idea who Britain First are.

SwedishEdith Wed 29-Nov-17 20:22:02

uk.businessinsider.com/tory-mp-nadhim-zahawi-donald-trump-delete-anti-muslim-tweets-visit-communities-2017-11

Nadhim Zahawi has written to him. It's a pretty good letter. No doubt, Trump will ignore it.

GriefLeavesItsMark Wed 29-Nov-17 20:26:22

I think it is just Trump throwing (another) dead cat on the table. I wonder what he is trying to distract from this time?

Allthebestnamesareused Wed 29-Nov-17 20:30:21

The PM's office has also issued a statement and there are a gazillion different tweets calling him out, in particular, Piers Morgan who I usually can't stand and who is a friend of his has tweeted to DT that if he doesn't remove them he will be an Islamphobe and racist!

theworldgonemad Wed 29-Nov-17 20:30:39

The KKK have waded in to congratulate The Trump on his sharing of the videos angry

It's insane, BF were finally waning and now this. I don't want any criminal, racist, extremists in our society. But this will encourage them, it helps to validate their extremist beliefs. And they are anti a lot of people not just Muslims - never read their page..... and the comments .....it's truly truly awful.

His attitude is very much "it doesn't matter if it is true or where it came from... it's the message that counts".. which is very very scary. The BF and KKK are vile and seek to destroy our communities with their hatred.

TheFaerieQueene Wed 29-Nov-17 20:39:20

This creature can’t possibly stay in office for much longer.

orenisthenewblack Thu 30-Nov-17 07:59:37

Is this man untouchable? Can he get away with anything?

This is getting ridiculous. What's going on?

noblegiraffe Thu 30-Nov-17 08:03:52

It's bizarre isn't it? It's like he has slowly lowered our expectations of what's reasonable with his appalling behaviour and can now get away with anything. Was he just testing boundaries before? What will he do next?

LEMtheoriginal Thu 30-Nov-17 08:09:55

That woman looks like a Jeremy Kyle reject!!

I wonder if she's a mumsnetter?

Jayden if you are reading this - I don't think you are a very nice person you are a cunt

LivininaBox Thu 30-Nov-17 12:56:59

If he wants to highlight the "threat", why doesn't he just retweet some of the stuff IS post on social media?

And does he not realise that all the statues of the virgin Mary were smashed up long ago in this country by Henry VIII?

MycatsaPirate Thu 30-Nov-17 13:08:24

If you are on fb check out the page called Bin Bagged Britain first. It's bloody brilliant.

Nice to see 10 Downing Street are still licking Trumps arse with the comment about this not detracting from the real threat. FFS.

TM is pathetic and I hate that she doesn't have the backbone to stand up to DT.

noblegiraffe Thu 30-Nov-17 13:33:28

So he tweeted to our Prime Minister “.*@Theresa*_May, don’t focus on me, focus on the destructive Radical Islamic Terrorism that is taking place within the United Kingdom. We are doing just fine!”

‘We are doing just fine’ is a lie, how many people have been slaughtered in mass shootings in the US recently?

MycatsaPirate Thu 30-Nov-17 13:39:11

He tagged the wrong Theresa May first time and had to delete it. The guy is an idiot.

I would question how they are 'doing just fine' when there are so many mass shootings over there that half of them don't even make the news anymore.

And mostly by white middle aged men. Who just have 'issues' or 'mh problems' according to Trump. If they were Muslim they would be evil terrorists.

Fekko Thu 30-Nov-17 13:43:26

Apparently a lot of Americans are tweeting 'we are not fine! Look who is in charge!' Etc.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now