Talk

Advanced search

Shooting in Kansas

(9 Posts)
salsmum Sun 05-Nov-17 22:15:06

Omg! Another mass shooting in a church in Kansas 27 dead including children and many injured. Gunman burst in during morning service. When will it end?

RunningOutOfCharge Sun 05-Nov-17 22:16:03

It won’t.

Not whilst the US allow guns

Brokenbiscuit Sun 05-Nov-17 22:19:45

Tragic.sad

However, until the American people rise up and say that the gun laws have to change, these tragic incidents will just keep on happening.

I'm no longer shocked any more when I hear about them. I just don't understand why they're willing to tolerate the status quo, why there isn't more public outrage.

Obama tried, and failed. Trump won't even try. When will they decide that enough is enough?

HollyandBrambles Sun 05-Nov-17 22:19:51

It’s in Texas. Unless the gun laws change it won’t end.

salsmum Sun 05-Nov-17 22:22:29

Sorry it is Texas.

nocoolnamesleft Sun 05-Nov-17 22:54:17

Let's be honest, anywhere else in the world my first thought is terrorism. USA mass shooting? My immediate thought is fucking stupid gun laws.

Thoughts and prayers are no substitute for actually doing something. But that isn't going to happen. And so more lives wasted.

Fekko Mon 06-Nov-17 07:52:28

Reports say that he was dishonourably discharged from the military after assaulting his wife and child. I assume it must've been more than a family row to be booted out.

Who can't get their hands on weapons on the states?

specialsubject Mon 06-Nov-17 08:54:59

Thoughts and prayers - which equates to ' tough, you voted for this'.

It will never change.

BarbarianMum Mon 06-Nov-17 12:25:16

I'm actually starting to wonder why our (UK) media report these incidents. It seems a bit goulish tbh So many acts of mass violence across the world go unreported but these seem to be presented to us as something to exclaim in horror over.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now