Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Woman kills husband and 15 family members of forced marriage

(5 Posts)
DrRisotto Thu 02-Nov-17 07:45:41

Independent link

Have you seen this? 11 more family members are in hospital! Honestly though, i'm surprised I haven't seen more instances of this. I mean, she tried to run away but they captured her and essentially held her ransom to presumably a life of servitude and rape.

I've read a couple of different headlines and i'm actually not sure whether the husband was killed in the end.

DrRisotto Thu 02-Nov-17 20:08:04

Bump

DontDrinkDontSmoke Thu 02-Nov-17 20:08:54

The husband wasn’t killed.

BatteredBreadedOrSouthernFried Thu 02-Nov-17 20:15:00

Very misleading thread title Op!

She allegedly poisoned a glass of milk for her husband. She publicly denies the allegation but the police say she confessed in custody. (Sometimes police lie wink) the 27 other family members were accidentally poisoned. Not deliberately.

Dauphinoise Thu 02-Nov-17 20:19:22

Awful isn't it, pushed THAT far to try to escape an arranged marriage.

My next door neighbour is a 43 yr old Sri Lankan who was forced to marry a 52 yr old man when she was only 17. He'd already been married twice but had divorced on account of domestic abuse. Her parents knew this but STILL forced her to marry him.

Only 8 months ago did she finally escape him after decades of mental abuse, violence, rape and gang-rape and threats to murder her if she left. He also had numerous affairs with other women he met on dating sites.

She had confided in her family years earlier but They chose to disbelieve her.

It makes my blood fucking boil

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now