Talk

Advanced search

Kevin Spacey's coming out & sexual advances ***Trigger Warning***

(6 Posts)
username7979 Tue 31-Oct-17 16:40:56

Kevin Spacey is coming as a gay man. Well good for him, and always brave to do so I think. But he chooses to disclose it as he has just been accused of sexual advances to a 14 years old!
What a dreadful impact as well on the gay community! I am fuming.

LittleLionMansMummy Wed 01-Nov-17 14:08:28

I feel bloody cheated tbh as he is my favourite actor. How the hell do I reconcile my appreciation of his performances with the man we now apparently know him to be? To say I'm massively disappointed is a huge understatement. Are there seriously no good guys left or is everyone either a paedophile or rapist?

username7979 Wed 01-Nov-17 14:45:19

littlelion he is a good actor for sure: He had us believe for a long time that he was a good guy.

NotNowBernard1 Wed 01-Nov-17 14:51:30

What's brave about announcing you're homosexual? Hardly a surprise.

username7979 Wed 01-Nov-17 16:05:31

notnow Announcing that you are homosexual is very brave. People often loose friends through it, so get estranged from their family.
Suicide rates are much higher in the gay community.
My ex boss was homophobe and never make a secret of it. Not to mention the high risk of getting bitten up in the street if you walk hand in hand with your partner or look too gay.
I hope that clarified the bravery thing.

notatypicalstagemum Wed 01-Nov-17 16:25:26

NC for this. Regular MNetter.

I wondered when the allegations against him would go public. In the acting world he has long been known for his unwelcome advances to young males. My DD’s then BF had to repel his overtures when he was at the Old Vic. He was 19 but it was still an inappropriate advance by a powerful person. This was about 10 years ago.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now