Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Missing woman Margaret fleming

(19 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Sun 08-Oct-17 19:28:36

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-41542875
So dodgy. Do you think an arrest will be made?

StealthPolarBear Sun 08-Oct-17 19:29:54

18 years since anyone other than the couple saw her

leedspirate Sun 08-Oct-17 19:31:44

There's another thread about this x

Lokisglowstickofdestiny Sun 08-Oct-17 19:33:14

I'm not sure there's evidence for an arrest going by that article - it's a very odd story though.

StoatInACoat Sun 08-Oct-17 19:34:03

It's obvious what's happened and the police know it. They just can't prove it. I assume the interview is being analysed for clues in their body language etc.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 08-Oct-17 19:39:03

A gangmaster hmm and travelling to Poland?

For someone who seemed to require around the clock care, she seems to have become remarkably independent.

Doramaybe Sun 08-Oct-17 19:40:12

Last person(s) to see them alive are always on the radar. It's a well known fact and I am not accusing anyone of anything obviously.

Very strange story.

Maudlinmaud Sun 08-Oct-17 19:45:18

Ah. Found you.
The interview absolutely stinks. Anybody notice how the woman didn't answer the question "what would you say to Margaret?" It's just awful.

StealthPolarBear Sun 08-Oct-17 19:46:20

The thing that strikes me is that no one has ever really cared about this lady sad

ducknose Sun 08-Oct-17 19:48:36

Were they in receipt of her benefits for all those years? Can't they be charged for that?

StealthPolarBear Sun 08-Oct-17 19:49:56

Yes. After all with all her private income as head of the mafia she would be ineligible
I'm sure they will be charred with that if it turns out that is what happened

Maudlinmaud Sun 08-Oct-17 19:53:30

There seems to be discrepancies about when Margaret went missing. In the interview Cairney says she ran when the police called at the house. He says she may have walked right past them.

WhoWants2Know Sun 08-Oct-17 19:54:06

That's horrific! It's horrible how vulnerable adults can fall through the cracks.

NoCryLilSoftSoft Sun 08-Oct-17 20:03:14

I remember the original thread that ran last year when this story was in the news. There was nothing at all saying that a policeman had come in asking for Margaret and that she had ran from the house. If I remember correctly the couple said they hadn't seen her for ages at the time the police arrived. Now they're saying she was in the house? confused is this man a fantasist?

NoCryLilSoftSoft Sun 08-Oct-17 20:06:04

here is the thread from last year I remember.

Onthehighseas Sun 08-Oct-17 20:12:14

Has anyone been watching that Faking It - Tears Of A Crime programme on one of the crime channels? Fascinating, and particularly illuminating when they talked about excessive blinking and extended eye closing.......

NoCryLilSoftSoft Sun 08-Oct-17 20:15:43

Sorry! I see you've all seen that thread! blush

StoatInACoat Sun 08-Oct-17 21:52:08

@OnTheHighSeas that's what I mean about the police having the interview analysed... that couple who deliberately set their house on fire and their kids all died, can't remember their names, but the press conference was deliberately set up to try and analyse their body language and words IIRC. I assume this interview is under similar circumstances.

MSLehrerin Thu 26-Oct-17 15:57:15

Reading in the Scottish news just now that her carers have been “detained”

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now