Talk

Advanced search

Charlie Gard 10

(1000 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

user1498911470 Sat 15-Jul-17 23:26:33

Hi guys new thread.

Let's try to keep this one as sensible and measured as the past 7 threads have been.

Please note the MNHQ comment on thread number 7.

"Hi everyone,

..... We had to remove several parent-blaming posts, so we'd like to ask folk not to do this. We think we can all agree that this is a truly awful time for all involved and we just wouldn't wish it on anyone. If there's anything we could do with more of, it's support. We'll continue to remove reported posts that break TGs (if we've missed something, do feel free to let us know).

If we have to make too many deletions, we will need to look at removing the thread; which is the last thing we wish to do.

Thanks all"

Starting now as 9 will fill up quickly.

SerfTerf Sat 15-Jul-17 23:29:56

Just to hark back to the "we abhor violence" statement for a moment.

Did something specific prompt that do we know/think?

The family were certainly modding the group where a lot of the threats were made and didn't seem perturbed by them until now.

Samcro Sat 15-Jul-17 23:30:12

really??

DarthMaiden Sat 15-Jul-17 23:31:03

I'm mid altercation with a CA member on twitter.

Upshot is it's ok to slag off GOSH as long as you only imply they are at fault hmm.

Sostenueto Sat 15-Jul-17 23:32:54

Placemarking

cheeseandvino Sat 15-Jul-17 23:32:54

I just wanted to add I have just fully listened to the any answers BBC radio show my heart goes out for Penny the last caller.

So so sad.

Bloomed Sat 15-Jul-17 23:33:30

Weren't the threats to GOSH and legal teams mentioned by the judge? I guess that would cause some backtracking (though many of us have screenshots to the contrary of course).

SerfTerf Sat 15-Jul-17 23:34:09

Yes @samcro, I was following the group for a couple of days last week and members of the family were there on the group posting, PMing, commenting and apparently moderating but not objecting to or deleting the aggressive and violent contributions. They may have done later in the week, of course.

Butterymuffin Sat 15-Jul-17 23:34:23

Darth I would save your energy, honestly.

Snap8TheCat Sat 15-Jul-17 23:35:12

I'm blown away that you have this much to say on the subject!

SerfTerf Sat 15-Jul-17 23:35:15

Oh were they @Bloomed ? That could well explain it.

cheeseandvino Sat 15-Jul-17 23:38:06

I have seen 'Fathers for Justice' comment in twitter - someone previous thread said it was inevitable that they would comment .....

rabbitnothare Sat 15-Jul-17 23:38:53

DarthMaiden me too, why are we bothering?

Maryz Sat 15-Jul-17 23:39:34

I'm finding it slightly encouraging that most of the posts on the CA website are only getting tens (or at most a couple of hundred) of likes. There are, allegedly, 60,000 supporters on that site (and it's dropping every day at the moment), but now most of the posters are either hardline, single issue campaigners, or not in the UK (some obviously militant pro-lifers from the US for example).

I do hope Charlie's parents can spend a bit of time with him this weekend, and get away from the media spotlight.

Samcro Sat 15-Jul-17 23:40:46

i find it so odd that you are all so obsessed wit a child that you have NEVER met, yet you judge the parents and any one close to the child.
shame on you
(last post so you can go back to your soap opera.......oh yeah its RL)

LetsGoFlyAKiteee Sat 15-Jul-17 23:41:26

I find it bad that even though they're not threats it's still for there to be posts about how the staff/hospital are trying to kill Charlie. Still bad how threats were fine till the judge mentioned it otherwise it'd carried on as up till then no issue.

Sostenueto Sat 15-Jul-17 23:43:01

Who's RL?

muckypup73 Sat 15-Jul-17 23:43:11

I had missed this post being made has it been posted on thread 9?

Sostenueto Sat 15-Jul-17 23:43:22

grin

NatashaGurdin Sat 15-Jul-17 23:43:35

Real Life I think?

MissTify Sat 15-Jul-17 23:43:39

I was up until now, all in favour of GOSH and their view that it was in the best interests of Charlie to withdraw treatment. Now, after the most recent court hearing, where the US doctor who has offered the life-saving treatment for Charlie, is coming to the UK next week, and by all accounts Charlie has a good chance of improvement if he receives this treatment. I really don't know what to think. I think that there seems to be a real chance now that Charlie will be allowed to go to the US for this treatment. My real worry, is what kind of life would Charlie live if he were to receive this treatment. There is a strong argument that life is life, no matter what the state of that life. I strongly disagree and feel that the life has to be worth living. I am so worried that this will end up with Charlie being kept alive with no real quality of life.

SerfTerf Sat 15-Jul-17 23:45:10

Don't you think it's socially and legally significant @Samcro ?

A case has never been played across worldwide social media quite like this before.

It seems like a sea change.

FallenUnicorn Sat 15-Jul-17 23:49:35

Snap8thecat - why does it bother you?

Samcro Sat 15-Jul-17 23:49:38

why??
10 threads about a maybe dying disabled child. TBH i find it weird.

Sostenueto Sat 15-Jul-17 23:50:05

Samcro this group managed by reporting the sobs on CA for their vile posts to help the staff of gosh. The judge even said it had to stop and I think the contributions made by those people on here helped towards that decision. For some of us on here losing a child, being in the same position as Charlie's parents, losing loved ones, facing terminal illness is actual REAL LIFE and the reason we are talking about this sad case so much is we have experienced similar things in REAL LIFE. Perhaps you need to go get a REAL LIFE yourself!angry

This thread is not accepting new messages.