Talk

Advanced search

Baby p almost 10 years on

(8 Posts)
chocisnotsweet Thu 18-May-17 06:37:12

God bless this little angel. I'm ashamed to say though that there hasn't been a significant change since the failings of this poor little baby back in 2007! What will it take for ss to step up and stop these horrific crimes? Also neighbours, friends and family if you suspect something isn't right then act on it. Don't just wait for someone else to do it for you else it won't happen. Hope you are safe and happy now little one star

pepperpot99 Fri 02-Jun-17 14:16:30

biscuithmm

I fail to see the point of this thread. The 'horrific crimes' were not committed by SS.

Jellybean85 Fri 02-Jun-17 14:23:13

This thread makes me angry. I work with a lot of social workers. They are horrifically overworked and underfunded. Frequently expected to accompany children through examinations for sexual abuse and then get straight on to visiting the next family.
It's a really difficult job, and underpaid.
Yes people make mistakes but blaming an underpaid overwork social care system will only make recruiting harder and make the problem worse.
Here have my first biscuit for being an ignorant poster.
Educate yourself.

RebelRogue Fri 02-Jun-17 14:41:41

They do their best to try and stop horrific crimes like these every day. They're overworked and underfunded. They have hoops they need to jump through. They are met with lies and violence and people covering for each other. They remove kids and sometimes the system gives them back to their parents. They remove kids and sometimes they are dragged through the mud and called "kiddie snatchers".
There are dedicated groups of fb of parents with kids removed sharing photos and asking to be told if anyone spots the kids so they can take them back.
They can't do right for wrong and sometimes they get it right,sometimes they get it wrong.
But they are trying day in and day out dealing with the most horrific cases and images.

What exactly are YOU doing?

abbsisspartacus Fri 02-Jun-17 14:43:02

I read the thread title and thought fuck it can't be 10 years ??sad

ImperialBlether Fri 02-Jun-17 14:45:08

I really hate this sort of thread.

AutumnalLeaves38 Fri 02-Jun-17 15:12:19

"What will it take for ss to step up and stop these horrific crimes?"

As a non-partisan member of the public, I would hazard a guess at:

Better funding; more respect for what they do; people educating themselves about what ss actually do, and asking themselves how they'd do any better, given scant resources; people realising ss as a whole profession should not be held responsible for the appalling failings of a very few; ss not being scapegoated by other authorities equally involved in preventing tragedies; ss not being used by politicians for their own means ...

Peter Connelly deserves to be remembered with respect flowers

stopfuckingshoutingatme Mon 19-Jun-17 22:52:11

Ten years bloody hell

Seeing as we have had Daniel , Derby and too many others I think we can safely say that SS are still underfunded

I do think he has changed things with regard to 'don't walk by ' I think that's changed - hope

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now