Talk

Advanced search

Drayton Manor Accident

(51 Posts)

MNHQ have commented on this thread.

Topas0117 Wed 10-May-17 09:50:42

Thoughts and prayers are with the little girls family! What an awful accident flowers

And that is what is was, an accident. Not the teachers' fault, not the park's fault, just an awful, tragic accident!

RIP little girl! flowers

Snap8TheCat Wed 10-May-17 09:53:26

Why don't you post on the already running thread? AIBU isn't really the place.

notanevilstepmother Wed 10-May-17 10:03:45

This isn't the time or place to discuss if it was an accident and while I apprecite your sentiments, you have no way of knowing if it was an accident or not, and if anyone is to blame or not. It will be investigated and until that information is released I personally think speculation or judgment whether it was or wasn't is in poor taste.

DearMrDilkington Wed 10-May-17 10:05:13

I personally think speculation or judgment whether it was or wasn't is in poor taste.

Completely agree.

SestraClone Wed 10-May-17 10:05:49

You have no idea where the fault lies.

c3pu Wed 10-May-17 10:12:11

And that is what is was, an accident. Not the teachers' fault, not the park's fault, just an awful, tragic accident!

Do you have some inside information??

runloganrun101 Wed 10-May-17 10:51:00

It's not right to debate this on aibu. A little girl died for fucks sake - show some fucking compassion OP.

LagunaBubbles Wed 10-May-17 10:53:56

Why start an AIBU about this, dont get it? confused

Topas0117 Wed 10-May-17 11:17:09

I'm fed up of reading comments about how the teachers are to blame when it's emerged that the little girl had stood up to swap seats when the ride bumped a rock.

A little girl has died but people are looking to blame the teachers, it isn't right or fair.

runloganrun101 Wed 10-May-17 11:19:04

So you want to blame the little girl instead? Come on OP show a bit of compassion.

grannytomine Wed 10-May-17 11:19:42

Lots of things emerge, most of them slimy from under rocks. You don't know anything about it.

MissBax Wed 10-May-17 11:24:35

How is this a relevant "AIBU" post??

MyheartbelongstoG Wed 10-May-17 11:29:19

For fuck sake, go easy on op.

RIP Ava

watchoutformybutt Wed 10-May-17 11:41:39

Oh stop. This is a completely inappropriate place to post but don't let that stop your hysteria.

Goingtobeawesome Wed 10-May-17 11:42:49

Do you know she stood up or are you speculating?

I'm sure you mean well but if this was my child I would not appreciate this thread.

Nicemil1 Wed 10-May-17 11:46:27

Reporting this thread it's disgusting

Nicemil1 Wed 10-May-17 11:48:29

Please can others report it too

SumThucker Wed 10-May-17 11:50:43

I don't think OP has actually done anything 'wrong', possibly posted in the wrong area, yes, but no need for the pile on hmm

RIP Evah flowers

MrsFloppy Wed 10-May-17 11:50:47

Her name was Evha.

MyPatronusIsAUnicorn Wed 10-May-17 11:52:39

It has been reported that she stood up to swap seats, the boat hit a rock and she fell out and got sucked under. A tragic tragic accident. And AIBU is not the place for this at all. Poor taste tbh.

muckypup73 Wed 10-May-17 11:53:04

The teacher is not to blame,the teacher was in another boat behind, there was probably a teacher with each group, she could not possibley fit herself into every boat.

It has been said that the girl got up to change seats and people may say why not seatbelts? well thats because if it ever capsised and they couldnt undo the seatbelt they would drown.

If this is true, then it was an accident and one that couldnt be helped, my thoughts go to the family, such a tragedy.

Nicemil1 Wed 10-May-17 11:54:15

Sum

It's disgusting as my dd was involved in a fatal school trip accident and how fucking dare people speculate on a forum like this!

Thank your lucky stars it doesn't happen to anyone on here.

It's bad enough having the press at your door we all had!

Have a bit of bloody respect.

Kokusai Wed 10-May-17 11:55:59

If this is true, then it was an accident and one that couldnt be helped, my thoughts go to the family, such a tragedy.

Wouldn't it be death by misadventure?

Death by misadventure, as recorded by coroners and on death certificates and associated documents, is one that is primarily attributed to an accident that occurred due to a dangerous risk that was taken voluntarily. In contrast, when a cause of death is listed as an accident rather than a misadventure, this implies no unreasonable willful risk.

sailorcherries Wed 10-May-17 11:56:26

I have seen reports from several newspapers such as Liverpool Echo, Evening Standard, Mirror, Metro, Independent, Daily Mail and the Guardian suggesting she got up to either move seats or readjust herself and the boat hit one of the rocks/the side and she fell under, hitting her head on the way down.

A mother told the BBC the same thing happened to her son when he stood for a photograph but, thankfully, he never hit his head and a spectator jumped the fence to get him.

It really does seem to be an unfortunate accident, I would hope it was. No one os blaming the girl, as the mother above said (and I paraphrase) 'the tannoy tells you to keep seated but kids are excited and they try to move out the way of the water/for pictures'.

What is known is that this poor girl has died, her family, school and community are in mourning and the utmost respect should be given to all involved, including the poor teachers and friends who were also on the ride and are probably blaming themselves more than any one else is.

SumThucker Wed 10-May-17 11:57:14

Have a bit of bloody respect.

shock I do, thank you.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now