Talk

Advanced search

North Korea and Australia

(3 Posts)
gillybeanz Sun 23-Apr-17 19:46:41

What's really happening?
Is it propaganda or are NK really threatening Australia

prh47bridge Mon 24-Apr-17 00:20:57

Yes, North Korea have really made threats of a nuclear strike on Australia. This has been triggered by the Australian Foreign Minister threatening further sanctions and saying that North Korea's development of nuclear weapons must stop.

This probably isn't hugely significant. North Korea probably doesn't have the ability to launch a nuclear strike against Australia yet. It is getting close to having missiles with long enough range but is thought to be several years away from having the technology to launch an attack with a serious chance of getting through. North Korea makes these kind of threats almost daily at the moment. It has even made veiled threats aimed at China which is its only real ally currently.

gillybeanz Mon 24-Apr-17 10:13:53

Thank you.
I hadn't seen anything on here and I had read an article newspaper fom Australia that sounded quite scary.
I'm glad they can't do it yet, I don't think he's a man to be messed with though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now