Talk

Advanced search

Is it just me or do people take this a bit too seriously!?

(12 Posts)
mummytoBandL Thu 23-Mar-17 20:59:15

On twitter today I noticed an article about an advert which a company was asked to remove as it breached ASA's rules.
To be honest I see no reason why the advert should be taken down, my children are 4 and 7 and when we saw the advert we laughed. I did not have to say "don't do that at home" as they know NOT to do that at home anyway!
Is it just me!? Why complain about a funny advert unless you have a lack of any sense of humour and clearly never laughed and loved a child’s antics.
Link attached if you want to read it : https://thenegotiator.co.uk/martyn-gerrard-laments-overreaction-ad-asa-wants-taken/

cdtaylornats Fri 24-Mar-17 07:48:52

The ASA rules say an advert can’t condone or encourage an unsafe practice or show anything that will result in physical, mental or moral harm.

Doesn't this mean they should reject all adverts mentioning any sport?

mummytoBandL Fri 24-Mar-17 08:12:38

Completely agree! Glad I'm not alone on this. Everyone I have spoken to at the school gates seem to agree too so why does one complaint from one alleged mother get one of the best adverts in North London removed!?

NotYoda Mon 03-Apr-17 19:32:35

What advert? Your link doesn't work

53rdAndBird Mon 03-Apr-17 19:35:16

What was the advert?

ShiroiKoibito Mon 03-Apr-17 19:38:43

Can't tell what the ad is for?

mummytoBandL Mon 03-Apr-17 19:43:07

thenegotiator.co.uk/martyn-gerrard-laments-overreaction-ad-asa-wants-taken/

Paffle Mon 03-Apr-17 19:45:34

I can access the link but still can't see what the offending advert is.

ladygracie Mon 03-Apr-17 19:49:08

If you click on a link within the article, that describes it. The ad shows children 'stair surfing' in a washing basket to show a good move.

ShiroiKoibito Mon 03-Apr-17 20:31:49

my children are 4 and 7 and when we saw the advert we laughed. I did not have to say "don't do that at home" as they know NOT to do that at home anyway!

well you're lucky then - other peoples children might not be
- children do copy things they see on TV etc - i think its right the advert has been pulled

NotYoda Mon 03-Apr-17 22:21:10

“We, wearily and with a sigh of resignation to the vanishing spirt of wonder and adventure of childhood, accept that this advert is to be removed from the station"

Aw Martyn. Anyone would think you were an advocate for children rather than an Estate Agent Still; it's all publicity isn't it?

EnormousTiger Tue 04-Apr-17 18:36:41

This link unlike the first actually shows the ad
thenegotiator.co.uk/martyn-gerrard-london-underground/
"The ad, pictured below, which to some people might seem like a feel-good and innocent piece of advertising creative, featured two children – a boy at the top of a flight of stairs and a girl sliding down the stairs in a washing basket while wearing a cycling helmet and swimming goggles.

The strapline for the advert was “oMG…that was a good move…Making your next big move more enjoyable”."

Girl sliding down stairs in washing basket - well I do think that breaches ASA rules. Perhaps estate agents should take more legal advice before going ahead with advertisements.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now