Talk

Advanced search

RIP Dick Bruna, creator of Miffy

(8 Posts)
Schwifty Fri 17-Feb-17 22:42:02

Passed away peacefully in his sleep aged 89. I adored Miffy all my life, no dcs of my own but they'd be getting the complete works (and I'd probably keep pinching them myself). Any other Miffy fans or parents of?

dementedma Fri 17-Feb-17 22:43:08

Gosh. A Miffy book was one of my first presents. I still have it and I'm 53!

Hassled Fri 17-Feb-17 22:45:36

I was very sad to hear this. There's a line in one of the books - "'I can see the sea!' cried Miffy Rabbit soon" - which was a family catchphrase and I instantly thought of my late father. We'd be in the car, we'd see the sea and shout "'I can see the sea!' cried Miffy Rabbit soon". I think there are a lot of people with similar strong fond childhood associations.

AFingerofFudge Fri 17-Feb-17 22:48:10

I still love Miffy and have all my old books (and various merchandise besides). A good friend of mine once embroidered a Miffy onto a towel for me when I was a teenager as I was such a fan. RIP Dick Bruna

Newlifeisstarting Fri 17-Feb-17 22:50:53

I had Miffy books as a child and picked up lots of books and Miffy toys for my children in Belgium and Holland - they loved the illustrations and seemed to enjoy reading a little Dutch/Flemmish! RIP Dick Bruna.

elephantoverthehill Fri 17-Feb-17 22:54:10

Dementedma me too. I had a Miffy book from a very early age. The illustrations are very evocative of the 60s and 70s progressive education push. I am sorry to hear Dick Bruno has gone.

atheistmantis Tue 21-Feb-17 08:20:58

I still have a miffy book, lovely books 📚

thesourceofLoveandLight Tue 21-Feb-17 08:23:10

my daughter adores Miffy, she is seven now but as a baby everything had to be Miffy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now