Talk

Advanced search

Woman told to "prove lactation" at airport security in Frankfurt.

(6 Posts)
AyeAmarok Tue 31-Jan-17 14:17:27

confused

WTF?!

I can completely understand why she went along with it in shock and it took until afterwards to process that this was totally unacceptable and wrong. I'd have been the same.

I'm glad the airport authorities have straight away said that this shouldn't have happened rather than just "we're investigating".

www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-38767588

Soubriquet Tue 31-Jan-17 14:20:00

shockhmmconfused

That's pretty bad..

AllMyBestFriendsAreMetalheads Tue 31-Jan-17 14:23:27

Bloody hell I clicked on this thread thinking "how the fuck would you prove it, squirt them in the face?" and then I read the link and yes, that's pretty much what she had to do.

And then basically calling her a liar because she wasn't actually lactating at that precise moment.

If that had been me, travelling alone, I'd probably have gone along with it too and had a similar WTF just happened moment.

PotteringAlong Tue 31-Jan-17 14:27:48

That's ridiculous! Especially as it's not illegal to carry a breastpump - she might not have been lactating; she could have been taking it for a friend or anything.

Rainbunny Thu 02-Feb-17 19:40:37

What the fuck??? It would be entirely logical for a breastfeeding mother who is travelling without her child to need a breastpump in fact!

EnormousTiger Sun 12-Feb-17 10:01:07

It is dreadful. I worked full time when I had small babies. I have expressed with a pump in all kinds of places, all over London. It is nto easy but you do it if you have to . Mind you it would not have bothered me expressing milk in front of 100 people. Quite proud of my ability to extract milk actually and we have never had nudity problems in this family - let it all hang out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now