Talk

Advanced search

Woman in Northern Ireland prosecuted for providing medical and emotional support to her 15 year old daughter

(4 Posts)
ithakabythesea Thu 26-Jan-17 20:52:52

Apologies if there is already a post on this. A woman faces 10 years in jail for getting abortion pills for her 15 year old daughter and then taking her to the GP for a medical check up and counselling. There is going to be a judicial review because this seems very much an abuse of the mother and daughters rights to access safe medical care. It is a frightening a shocking case, incredible that in the UK and women don't have full reproductive rights.
www.theguardian.com/world/2017/jan/26/ulster-woman-who-bought-abortion-pills-for-daughter-can-challenge-prosecution

adhdoh Thu 26-Jan-17 22:02:22

it's very obviously illegal to buy abortion pills on the internet, I'm not sure how this is in question.

abortion rights in Northern Ireland are a separate issue.

ithakabythesea Fri 27-Jan-17 12:58:17

Abortion rights in NI are the heart of the issue, women should not have to use the internet to accesss medication that is legal and available to other women in the UK - it is horrific in this day and age.

RufusTheSpartacusReindeer Fri 27-Jan-17 14:16:57

I agree with ithaka

I dont understand how the lack of abortion rights in ireland is not the issue confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now