Prince Harry to go to Iraq

(11 Posts)
littlelapin Thu 22-Feb-07 22:09:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

llareggub Thu 22-Feb-07 22:14:02

off with their heads!

the monarchy, that is...

JanH Thu 22-Feb-07 22:26:35

"They" will know where his unit is though...there was some old codger from the Blues & Royals on the radio this week saying "noooo, it won't endanger the others in his unit" - but it must do.

Maybe it can be announced that he's being kept behind a desk even if he isn't - maybe they'll get away with that.

This is nothing like Prince Andrew in his helicopter in the Falklands, is it?

JanH Thu 22-Feb-07 22:27:36

When I say "they" I mean the Iraqis, not the media (though them too of course)

NadineBaggott Thu 22-Feb-07 22:29:20

Damned if he does
damned if he don't

hunkerdave Thu 22-Feb-07 22:30:04

Tough, isn't it? He'd be criticised whatever he did.

mw14 Fri 23-Feb-07 14:19:45

Harry cops it, Andrew moves back up to no3. It's what having a line of succession is for.

suzycreamcheese Fri 23-Feb-07 14:26:25

feel as sorry for him as anyother poor sod caught up in this debacle...

though did think when heard details of his battalion an d their posting..reccy on the fron t line thought of blackadder bloke darling..tapping out reports out of ear distance at the front..

tony blair would suffer publicly / politically the worst if he was killed..family and freinds feelings first of course,,,kwim...

feel most sorry for iraqi's though...we have made civil war..it sounds like a living hell...

throckenholt Fri 23-Feb-07 14:28:08

I think it puts the rest of his group in jeopardy - he must be a real target - I think it would be more responsible to transfer him to somewhere else.

I agree it is a very different situation to the Falklands. That was a much more contained and quantifiable situation.

quietmouse Fri 23-Feb-07 15:23:02

I admire him for going. He didn't have to. He could have chose not to.

I did think he would be given special treatment and not be in the frontline, but it appears not.

He is going to be a real target though. Scary for all involved, I would think.

Tony Blair must be getting a bit worried too!

morocco Fri 23-Feb-07 15:27:06

must mean our troops are actually going to be withdrawn some time soon then

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now