Talk

Advanced search

Why aren't the boko haram girls allowed home?

(7 Posts)
StealthPolarBear Tue 27-Dec-16 19:45:58

here
I don't get it, is this about radicalisation?

OneWithTheForce Tue 27-Dec-16 19:50:27

That's awful. I don't know either. Surely they aren't prisoners, they aren't guilty of anything or under suspicion? What law is being used to detain them? Some of them are adults so should be free to go where they please? And those that aren't should be released to their parents' care.

annandale Tue 27-Dec-16 19:55:20

There was some fear that they would be rejected by their families, usually because they are not virgins any more or in some cases because they have been forcibly converted to Islam, if they were previously Christian. No sign of that as a fear in that story though.

OneWithTheForce Tue 27-Dec-16 19:59:49

The security guard deleting all the man's photos is odd too? I'm assuming all the girls/women have been identified and the families know if their daughter/whoever is there so why would photos not even allowed?

StealthPolarBear Tue 27-Dec-16 20:00:34

Yes he obviously wasn't rejecting her

Potnoodlewilld0 Sat 07-Jan-17 11:11:35

I suspect they are under suspicion TBH

sashh Sat 07-Jan-17 11:26:12

Maybe a mixture of Stockholm syndrome and radicalisation.

20 people could cause an awful lot of damage if they wanted to. They may need debriefing / counselling. I sincerely hope they get it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now